Tropical Pop Instrumental

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

estherche

Tropical Pop Instrumental

Post by estherche » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:52 pm

Hi Everyone! I'm new to Taxi, and I've been watching LOTS of taxi tv. Michael keeps recommending taking advantage of the forum, so here we go!

Seeking feedback for this track under the Tropical Pop Instrumental Category - Sounds a little empty to me still in the B sections, but not sure where to take it or what else to add. Any feedback would be great!!

-------
Lots of TROP POP (TROPICAL POP) INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a BRAND NEW Music Library that's being started by a successful Editor for Major TV shows!

link: https://soundcloud.com/esther-che-31859 ... eMFrLWKwdf

WhiteKix

Re: Tropical Pop Instrumental

Post by WhiteKix » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:52 am

Hi Esther,
Welcome to Taxi. Overall good track, the things that stood out to me the most were (I only listened on ear buds, not my monitors, so that may sway what I say here):

The kick drum sounds really distorted. The reference tracks are tighter with less distortion. I would also try doing four on the floor with the kick at the drop or some point in the track to mix things up a bit.

The reference tracks have a lead line, the Kygo song less so, but after the second chorus they do a vocal chop as a lead.

Good luck,

Scott

estherche

Post by estherche » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:30 pm

that's so helpful. thank you so much!! I will switch up the kicks for sure!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:00 am

Hi Esther

First off the intro melody is too stiff sounding, then when the 2nd sound comes in a around 9s it sounds like it's in a different key to the other part so it makes the whole thing sound out of tune.

20s - Agree about the kick as per previous poster. Also the slow moving pads underneath just make the groove drag. If you us pads try to add some movement to them , there are various plugins out there that help.

At 33s after a long build up it just kinda falls flat, I expected the whole track to take off there ( more like you have at 47s )

47s drums aren't really cutting it , partly the kick as per above , the snare isn't really the right kind of snare for this style ( in fact there can often be no snare and a clap instead or finger snaps )

1.04 - Inappropiate fake guitar part...just doesn't work

1.39 - Claps sound like they are on the wrong beat

2.00 - This is where I would have ended it , the extra part with the piano isn't needed as most cues are 90-120 seconds long but also it almost sounds like a completely different track as you introduce a bunch of parts that are new

Hope that helps, I haven't heard the reference tracks but I have made some of these types of cues, if you want to hear one that has been placed a couple of time recently I have one on my Soundcloud here:

https://soundcloud.com/user-45178330/is ... -the-beach

Mark

estherche

Post by estherche » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:46 am

Wow thank you so much Mark! that's super helpful!