with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Any one using a mac cleaner?

Post by lesmac » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:59 pm

Hi!

My 2009 mac pro is groaning a bit lately. I had a kernel panic which I haven't had for quite a while.

I've done first aid on all my drives and partitions and I'm thinking maybe something to hunt out some junk and duplicated files might help.

Any users with recommendations out there?

Krakoukask
Active
Active

Re: Any one using a mac cleaner?

Post by Krakoukask » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:22 am

I would definitely recommend a clean re-install (and maybe replace your hdd with an sdd if you haven't done so already).
Although those mac cleaners seem an easy way out, there's just too much info and useless files that accumulate over the years that are difficult for any software to recognize.

Here's today's moto: "You are the best mac cleaner" :lol: :lol: :lol:

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Any one using a mac cleaner?

Post by lesmac » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:18 pm

Unread post by Krakoukask » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:22 pm
I would definitely recommend a clean re-install (and maybe replace your hdd with an sdd if you haven't done so already).
Although those mac cleaners seem an easy way out, there's just too much info and useless files that accumulate over the years that are difficult for any software to recognize.

Here's today's moto: "You are the best mac cleaner" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi, Krakoukask. It's running okay. I definitely don't want the hassle of a clean reinstall. :cry: :roll:

I'm recording to a platter drive and streaming samples and the OS off SSDs on a PCI bus.

I had a few too many VI.s and cpu intensive plugins open. The other contributing factor I think was a Pro tools 11/ el capitan bug I get when editing midi across two computer screens which crashes Pro tools for me.

Thanks for the reply though. :D