Modern Singer/Songwriter. Does this fit?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

timwedits

Modern Singer/Songwriter. Does this fit?

Post by timwedits » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:27 am

Hiya. The listing copied below is in my wheelhouse, and am planning on writing one or two specifically for this listing. But, I've got an existing track that I think might fit. Curious what y'all think?

Knock You Out.
https://soundcloud.com/wilsbach/knock-you-out

It's definitely more produced than simple acoustic & vocals. But I'm not yet fully familiar with how wide the net is specifically when they mention "you can also submit more fully produced songs"

In you opinion is the song linked above worthy of a submission, or no?
Lots of MODERN SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a very active and fast-growing Music Licensing Company!

This client is looking for several (we'd guess about 10) Songs in All Tempos that could fit in the general ballpark of the following references:
"Someone You Loved" by Lewis Capaldi
"Moonlight" by Grace VanderWaal
"Saturday Sun" by Vance Joy

IMPORTANT NOTE: The bar will be really high for this request, and only the best of the best will be forwarded. Our A&R team will have a simple mandate: Are they GREAT? Are they super current? Can you imagine hearing them in Film and TV? Do they sound ready to go as is? And of course, do they match the style requested?

Please submit Singer/Songwriter Songs with a modern, contemporary sound. Your submissions should have excellent melodies, captivating lyrics, and compelling choruses. Instrumentation can be as simple as acoustic guitar/vocals or piano/vocals. You can also submit more fully produced Songs, but they must sound modern. Be sure your vocals have sincere, heartfelt, and well-performed deliveries.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Modern Singer/Songwriter. Does this fit?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:12 am

Too rock like in it's production for me ..it doesn't say singer songwriter to me...I'd write something more stripped back and heartfelt for the listing

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Modern Singer/Songwriter. Does this fit?

Post by Zaychi » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:32 pm

Wow, pretty cool.

But I agree, save it for a different listing.