Returned with Good Critique. Last minute pitch.

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Returned with Good Critique. Last minute pitch.

Post by Horacemix » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:11 pm

Update 8/1/2020

The song has been returned.
Here the critique:
What I like most about this song
I thoroughly enjoyed your song “Believe In Tomorrow”, Horacio. It’s got professional musicianship and the production is on point as well.

I think you could improve this song by
There is nothing inherently wrong with your song. I’d say that really it’s the mood of the material that doesn’t quite jibe with the light, uplifting scenario suggested in the listing. Also the lyric is a bit cryptic until the chorus/hook.

I returned or forwarded this song because
“Believe In Tomorrow”, is a solid composition, but is being returned because it doesn’t quite fit the emotional parameters of material that would make sense for the needs of the pitch.
Hello passengers!
Right before the listing expires, I decided to pitch this song.
I don't know. I hope it gets forwarded. What do you think?
Ps: The version I've pitched has a shorter intro. 2 bars less.
Thank you in advance for your time!
Regards!

Here the song:

Here the lyrics:
Believe in tomorrow

Sometimes I think that I was wrong
I think about the things I’ve done

Like a man on the moon
Like a fool in his room
Just like God in the church
You will find me alone...
...So alone

I believe in tomorrow
The future is a long, long road
Just the time clears the sorrow
You’ve only got to take a chance
Take a chance!

I wonder if I should be here
Beyond what I can see I’m blind (I’m moving ahead)

Like a bird in the sky
Like a star in the night
Like your heart in your chest
I will tell you what you have to do

Just believe in tomorrow
Take a chance!
Just believe in tomorrow
Take a chance!
Just believe in tomorrow
Take a chance!
Here the listing:
Lots of SONGS with Inspiring Lyric Themes (and Male or Female Vocals) are needed by an extremely busy Music Licensing Company with a really long track record of placements in Film, TV, and Commercials.

NOTE: We purposely avoided putting references in this Listing, as we felt they could potentially be more misleading or limiting, than helpful. However, this company tends to request the following commercially viable genres from TAXI, so you’d probably be wise to focus your efforts on Pop, Singer/Songwriter, Folk, Country, Rock, and Hip-Hop Songs.

Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs are usually more easily placed, but if you have really strong Ballads or Down-Tempo Songs, feel free to take a shot!

TAXI Tip: We strongly suspect these Songs will be used in the inevitable TV shows and movies about the Coronavirus Pandemic when we come out of "lockdown."

Please submit top-notch Songs that deliver strong, positive, and inspiring messages. Whichever genres or sub-genres you pitch, the music should have genre-appropriate instrumentations, productions, and vocal performances.

TAXI Tip: You'd be wise to avoid submitting moody, dark, or depressing Songs for this pitch. Keep the mood of your Songs light, positive, uplifting, and where appropriate, hopeful!

Lyric themes should focus on concepts revolving around:

Familial love
Having hope
Getting through tough times
Light at the end of the tunnel
Taking care of others
Beating the odds
Staying strong in the face of adversity
Overcoming hardships
Banding together
Stepping up
Heroes/Heroism
Avoiding references to specific names, places, dates, times, brands, and profanity will likely be the most appealing to this client. You'd also be smart to avoid lyrics that specifically say, "virus, COVID-19, Coronavirus," etc.

Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 deal. This Music Library splits ALL sync fees 50/50 with you. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Please do not send material that has already been signed to other libraries or catalogs. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020. TAXI # S200623NM
Last edited by Horacemix on Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Observation is the raw material for creation...
https://soundcloud.com/horacemix

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Last minute Pitch.

Post by irthlingz » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:40 pm

I think you mean "Like a fool in his room" ...

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Last minute Pitch.

Post by Horacemix » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:42 pm

SAbreu wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:40 pm
I think you mean "Like a fool in his room" ...
Yes! You are right! I'll correct it right now!
Thanks!

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Returned with Good Critique. Last minute pirch.

Post by Horacemix » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:07 am

Update 8/1/2020

Here the critique:
I thoroughly enjoyed your song “Believe In Tomorrow”, Horacio. It’s got professional musicianship and the production is on point as well.

There is nothing inherently wrong with your song. I’d say that really it’s the mood of the material that doesn’t quite jibe with the light, uplifting scenario suggested in the listing. Also the lyric is a bit cryptic until the chorus/hook.

“Believe In Tomorrow”, is a solid composition, but is being returned because it doesn’t quite fit the emotional parameters of material that would make sense for the needs of the pitch.

tresero
Impressive
Impressive

Post by tresero » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:07 pm

Horacemix wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:07 am
Update 8/1/2020

Here the critique:

I agree with the critique, only because until the chorus it isn't really uplifting, it's apologetic. Hope that makes sense. It is a great tune though.

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Horacemix » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:38 pm

tresero wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:07 pm
Horacemix wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:07 am
Update 8/1/2020

Here the critique:

I agree with the critique, only because until the chorus it isn't really uplifting, it's apologetic. Hope that makes sense. It is a great tune though.
Hello! Thank you for your comment! It makes sense. I've overlooked the word "uplifting"...
Regards!