Is this lyric universal?

Want your lyics reviewed? Post 'em up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

wendylanders
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Is this lyric universal?

Post by wendylanders » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:39 pm

Thanks for the pointers on making the images metaphorical.

Best,

Wendy

JannieM
Active
Active

Post by JannieM » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:46 pm

Rough draft seems universal to me. I have more questions than answers. Without getting too specific, would you be writing lyrics about how celebrating evokes an emotional connection with Christmas? Did some situation happen at Christmas time that the person would need to 'Pray for forgiveness' ? I think the questions could be answered in two verses or maybe two different songs depending on which direction you choose to follow. Could develop lyrics with emotional variations for feelings, but possibly verbally creating sights, sounds, smells, but again without getting too specific.
Use your voice for kindness, your ears for compassion, your hands for charity, your mind for truth, and your heart for love. ~ ~ ~ ~ Author Unknown

wendylanders
Impressive
Impressive

Post by wendylanders » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:45 pm

I wouldn't have the answers to those questions since the song is just supposed to be in the background of a scene, and I'm not controlling the scene. I'm trying to say as little as possible that's specific...just, trying to evoke a positive Christmas feeling generally.

Thanks for letting me know that you think that the lyrics are universal enough, so to speak.

Best!