Instrumentation feels stiff or over-quantized? WTF

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Robertj64
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Instrumentation feels stiff or over-quantized? WTF

Post by Robertj64 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:39 am

Hi Jon

They sound like great tracks to me. I don't know what to tell you other than I feel your frustrations and I know exactly how you feel. My only suggestion is to throw the track into the forum under Peer To Peer before you submit. I would get an overall feel from the people here and then submit the track. Not to disagree with Andrew but what we are up against here is challenging to say the least. We are competing for a slice within a slice of a pie. Because forwards don't guarantee a deal it means our chances are very slim. If you have only three forwards in six months then it will take much longer than if you have 35 forwards. It is a numbers game but I think only a relatively few people benefit and develop this in ratio to the wide membership that Taxi brings in.

Cheers
Robert

tresero
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Instrumentation feels stiff or over-quantized? WTF

Post by tresero » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:02 am

Robertj64 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:39 am
Hi Jon

They sound like great tracks to me. I don't know what to tell you other than I feel your frustrations and I know exactly how you feel. My only suggestion is to throw the track into the forum under Peer To Peer before you submit. I would get an overall feel from the people here and then submit the track. Not to disagree with Andrew but what we are up against here is challenging to say the least. We are competing for a slice within a slice of a pie. Because forwards don't guarantee a deal it means our chances are very slim. If you have only three forwards in six months then it will take much longer than if you have 35 forwards. It is a numbers game but I think only a relatively few people benefit and develop this in ratio to the wide membership that Taxi brings in.

Cheers
Robert
Thanks Robert!

Luckily, I have other publishers outside of Taxi, so most of this stuff at least gets picked.

To add to your slice of a slice, just getting the tracks signed doesn't mean much either :) It just depends and tracks I never thought would make me any money do, and tracks I know are perfect sit for ages!