Punchy & Lefto

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SpecialGuestVillain
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Punchy & Lefto

Post by SpecialGuestVillain » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:27 pm

I'm not a member of Spotify. It looped me around and around and I gave up. I played a cue on SoundCloud. It sounded like automated ambience. Similar to what I have on my white noise machine. We probably have different roots, musically.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:17 pm

SpecialGuestVillain wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:27 pm
I'm not a member of Spotify. It looped me around and around and I gave up. I played a cue on SoundCloud. It sounded like automated ambience. Similar to what I have on my white noise machine. We probably have different roots, musically.
You have to have a Facebook Account to use Spotify. I don't have any old stuff uploaded elsewhere but here are a couple of Taxi writes that are signed to Libraries. These are co-writes.

https://soundcloud.com/cosmicdolphin/ev ... 9-remaster

https://soundcloud.com/cosmicdolphin/crazy-for-the-ride

Are referring to " Ticker " ? Yes it is very ambient. It's made from recording of ticking devices from around my house ( kitchen timer , clock etc ) plus low piano , an analogue style synth, some "room tone " and then I played a guitar chord but heavily processed with an compressor called OTT it so it brings all the white noise up as the notes decay.

That cue was for a Sparse Tension listing is 2017 and is my biggest earner having been placed 5 times and netted over £600 to date.

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:05 pm

Q: So why post the lyrics on a forum specifically for a TV/Film Licensing if that's not what you are aiming at ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's simply not that narrow. And - not 100% of those who login are necessarily only in it for the purpose of hoping to make a buck... or a pound.

As advertised, these TAXI Community Forums are an open-to-the-public and readily-accessible place that invites, and gets visited by, people interested in anything and everything about music;
every facet of writing, recording, producing... and so on: and not ONLY about TV & film licensing opportunities - though that is clearly the bulk of the focus for "members only".

This open platform and posted comments: some people stumble here because one of these showed up in a seemingly unrelated Google Search. It happens.

Like this REVIEW CORNER board - is just as it reads: appealing to even the most casual writer - i.e. a couch lyricist. :? 8-) (these days, probably lots fall into this category).

Many visitors, non-members participants, may not even be musicians themselves... at any level. Maybe some 'artists' hop on just to mingle and connect.
There are stories of those who ended up collaborating on projects because of that connection to this community.
Many TAXI members were readers and participants in these boards long before joining and/or pursuing the licensing of their musical products.
Many return to stay engaged even after no longer being members.

It's a wide open space; with a well-regarded reputation for much of its pay-it-forward character and friendly atmosphere.

Townes Van Zandt - highly regard songwriter, in most professional musician circles... though his life was not a long one.
The Willie Nelson - Merle Haggard rendition of Pancho & Lefty... well: it's a classic part of the American Songbook.

Anywho... making clear the distinction seemed appropriate - for this thread, and others that likewise kinda miss the point.
HTH - pardon the Saturday sittin-at-home ramble. :? 8-)

Carry on, Punchy & Lefto (my parody might be "Lunchy & Leftovers") :lol:
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:38 pm

funsongs wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:05 pm
Q: So why post the lyrics on a forum specifically for a TV/Film Licensing if that's not what you are aiming at ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's simply not that narrow. And - not 100% of those who login are necessarily only in it for the purpose of hoping to make a buck... or a pound.

As advertised, these TAXI Community Forums are an open-to-the-public and readily-accessible place that invites, and gets visited by, people interested in anything and everything about music;
every facet of writing, recording, producing... and so on: and not ONLY about TV & film licensing opportunities - though that is clearly the bulk of the focus for "members only".

This open platform and posted comments: some people stumble here because one of these showed up in a seemingly unrelated Google Search. It happens.

Like this REVIEW CORNER board - is just as it reads: appealing to even the most casual writer - i.e. a couch lyricist. :? 8-) (these days, probably lots fall into this category).

Many visitors, non-members participants, may not even be musicians themselves... at any level. Maybe some 'artists' hop on just to mingle and connect.
There are stories of those who ended up collaborating on projects because of that connection to this community.
Many TAXI members were readers and participants in these boards long before joining and/or pursuing the licensing of their musical products.
Many return to stay engaged even after no longer being members.

It's a wide open space; with a well-regarded reputation for much of its pay-it-forward character and friendly atmosphere.

Townes Van Zandt - highly regard songwriter, in most professional musician circles... though his life was not a long one.
The Willie Nelson - Merle Haggard rendition of Pancho & Lefty... well: it's a classic part of the American Songbook.

Anywho... making clear the distinction seemed appropriate - for this thread, and others that likewise kinda miss the point.
HTH - pardon the Saturday sittin-at-home ramble. :? 8-)

Carry on, Punchy & Lefto (my parody might be "Lunchy & Leftovers") :lol:
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

SpecialGuestVillain
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SpecialGuestVillain » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:02 pm

Thanks Fun. :)

When I first started posting here nearly 20 years ago, the lyric board was active and tv/movie cues were vacant. As I recall. To me, a tv music cue is the Ancient Battle/Ritual in Amok Time. Not the robotic sleep med stuff they do now.

Cosmic, what I heard sounds a little automated and could use some lyrical depth. Pancho and Lefty is a great place to look for inspiration.

Do you do your own vocals?

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:06 pm

Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:02 pm
Do you do your own vocals?
Not for sync.

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:17 pm

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:06 pm
Punchy & Lefto ©Robert George 2020 BMI
"...and, we're back: to our regularly-scheduled broadcast..." :? :shock: 8-)
For what it's worth, Robert - I got a kick out of your parody to TVZ's classic.
Cheers,
Peter :)
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra