cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: WANTED: Male lead singers - versatile

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:54 am

lesmac wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:45 pm
This is a thing in country music songwriting or it used to be. @1:20
1:45 : " I've had singers say to me ' I wouldn't say that, or I wouldn't sing it like this . Can I sing it slightly differently ' now for me I always say yes because I'm not an artist, I'm not a singer I think of any note. So if I have a real singer who can make a song sound more singable then an artist is hopefully going to want to sing it."

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by lesmac » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:02 am

I know there are always two sides. She did preface the remarks you quoted with "because I'm English".
Just saying... :lol:

Edit: Two things can be true.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:57 am

lesmac wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:02 am
She did preface the remarks you quoted with "because I'm English".
I'm English !

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:20 am

jaywilliams wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:57 pm
I suspect you are driving more people away from the forum than you are actually helping. Or perhaps it's equal numbers.
Lol...which is it then..net negative or net neutral... And you have all the forum traffic stats to back this up ?? Yes ?? No??

Lets deal in facts about my contribution to the forum shall we:-

Last active:Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:55 am
Total posts:1965 | Show your posts
(0.51 posts per day / 0.42% of all posts)
Most active forum:Peer To Peer (685 Posts / 34.86% of your posts)
Most active topic: RIP Cakewalk / Sonar (23 Posts / 1.17% of your posts)

If all it takes is a post or two from me to swear someone off music licensing then perhaps they were never cut out for it in the first place - The industry is full or rejection at every turn. I might be straight talking and direct but at least I'm always honest with people.

For the record I've never 'trash talked' any members. Every piece of feedback I've ever posted has been my honest opinion based on my experience and where possible with some sort of actionable follow up. Many people have thanked me for cutting through the bull***t and getting down to brass tacks. Some have become good friends outside of the forums. Some of them I've spoken with over the phone or met in person. I've also doled out plenty of praise where merited and congratulated many people on their forwards and placements and I'd do the same for you should you ever get there.

Your own experience of me, or the forum, the industry or anything else in life is subjective. Not everyone sees things the same way or wants to be treated the same way, we all have our own personalities , upbringings and different cultures we grew up in. It's normal to not agree with everyone.

If you don't like it then there is a block button on the forum user controls for this very reason. I suggest you use it if you feel that strongly.

Robertj64
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Robertj64 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:02 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:20 am
jaywilliams wrote:
I suspect you are driving more people away from the forum than you are actually helping. Or perhaps it's equal numbers.
Lol...which is it then..net negative or net neutral... And you have all the forum traffic stats to back this up ?? Yes ?? No??

If all it takes is a post or two from me to swear someone off music licensing then perhaps they were never cut out for it in the first place - The industry is full or rejection at every turn. I might be straight talking and direct but at least I'm always honest with people.

For the record I've never 'trash talked' any members. Every piece of feedback I've ever posted has been my honest opinion based on my experience and where possible with some sort of actionable follow up. Many people have thanked me for cutting through the bull***t and getting down to brass tacks. Some have become good friends outside of the forums. Some of them I've spoken with over the phone or met in person. I've also doled out plenty of praise where merited and congratulated many people on their forwards and placements and I'd do the same for you should you ever get there.

Your own experience of me, or the forum, the industry or anything else in life is subjective. Not everyone sees things the same way or wants to be treated the same way, we all have our own personalities , upbringings and different cultures we grew up in. It's normal to not agree with everyone.

If you don't like it then there is a block button on the forum user controls for this very reason. I suggest you use it if you feel that strongly.

Hey Mark,

Yes we can all agree that the outside world is harsh, unforgiving. We can be honest about things where the tracks are concerned. I got feedback from Cass who told me I was singing "pitchy". I could have taken that personally but I didn't partially because he knew that that was sensitive. He put it in a nice way and he was 100% right. We can be harsh here and say things like "Your melody is forgettable" just like the outside world but then there would be no difference between here and there.

By the way, who is that in the Jedi picture. Is that you? Every time I see it, I think Jeff Daniels made a Star Wars movie.

Cheers!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:53 am

Robertj64 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:02 am
By the way, who is that in the Jedi picture. Is that you? Every time I see it, I think Jeff Daniels made a Star Wars movie.
Yes that's me , I have this lockdown beard now too so I look even more Jedi like.

Maybe I should use the Sith version I made instead ? Be more in keeping with the feedback huh ?

Robertj64
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Robertj64 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:31 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:53 am
Robertj64 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:02 am
Yes that's me , I have this lockdown beard now too so I look even more Jedi like.

Maybe I should use the Sith version I made instead ? Be more in keeping with the feedback huh ?

HAHA....if anything the SITH would be the coolest thing ever. I would delight in getting the most savage feedback ever....maybe even do something intentional to deserve it....LMAO.

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jaywilliams » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:40 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:20 am
jaywilliams wrote:

Clearly our definition of Trash Talking varies widely.

The block button doesn't do much of anything, tried that idea already lol

If you've been trying to convince me that the Taxi path isn't for me, congrats!

Keep grinding out those cues and I'll keep following my muse.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Jay :)
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:43 am

jaywilliams wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:40 am
Clearly our definition of Trash Talking varies widely.
Clearly.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: Trash-talk is a form of insult usually found in sports events, although it is not exclusive to just sports or similarly characterized events.[1][2] It is often used to intimidate the opposition, but can also be used in a humorous spirit. Trash-talk is often characterized by use of hyperbole or figurative language, such as, "Your team can't run! You run like honey on ice!" Puns and other wordplay are commonly used.
jaywilliams wrote:
The block button doesn't do much of anything, tried that idea already lol
Manage foes. Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.
jaywilliams wrote:
If you've been trying to convince me that the Taxi path isn't for me, congrats!
No - I've been trying to convince you that learning how to make "music" is the path if you want to pursue sync licensing and make some income from it which is your oft stated goal. Learning an instrument is kind of a prerequisite for that.
jaywilliams wrote:
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Well at least you understand my handle so congrats on that one.