2 out of 3 ain't bad

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

thespiralsequence

2 out of 3 ain't bad

Post by thespiralsequence » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:24 pm

Hi everyone, I recently recommitted to another 2 years of TAXI and for listing S200723AD for ambient drones I had 2 of my 3 pieces forwarded, and the return was for a very minor reason which could be easily adjusted. I'm looking forward to submitting a lot more tracks!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 2 out of 3 ain't bad

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:36 am

They are saying the same here in this other thread....seems you are not alone on that one

topic146050.html

thespiralsequence

Post by thespiralsequence » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:29 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:36 am
They are saying the same here in this other thread....seems you are not alone on that one

topic146050.html
Interesting, thanks for the link. When I compared my two forwards with the one return and read the feedback I thought fair enough, the feedback was very specific and made total sense, so I didn't have a problem with it at all. Less is definitely more with the drone stuff, I had a couple returned from an earlier listing for similar reasons. I took the feedback from those returns on board and it definitely influenced my approach this time around. It seemed to work pretty well so I'm happy with the results this time.

Ted
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Ted » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:03 am

Congrats on the forwards! I was one of the peeps who got a return in that other thread. If you don't mind posting links to the tracks you submitted, that would be helpful. I tried clicking on your Taxi page link but it wasn't working.

Ted

thespiralsequence

Post by thespiralsequence » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:33 am

Hi Ted, here are the links to the tracks that were forwarded:

https://www.taxi.com/members/ZOf4MclcRj ... Q7g-unease
https://www.taxi.com/members/ZOf4MclcRj ... dark-shore

As you can hear they are very minimal, with low-frequency drones as I was told in another feedback note that anything with too much mid frequency content can clash with dialog. I had a couple of returns that had too much rhythmic motion and percussive elements as well, so concentrated on subtle movements with these ones. Hope that helps!