Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Another chastity question

Post by Zaychi » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:01 pm

What do you guys think?

There's a current listing for "EPIC, TRAILER-Style COVERS" and I've picked Radiohead's song "Creep" to try.

There's a very clear line in it, "You're so fucking special". I feel like it is also a key line of the lyrics, and maybe even important for the recognizability of the song. However, the F-word is pretty obvious here as well. Do you guys think it should be replaced (maybe by "bloody"?) or omitted?

I'm guessing an answer, just want reassurance really...

Listing and lyrics below

EPIC, TRAILER-Style COVERS of Well-Known SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a hard-working Music Library that’s always landing placements in TV Shows, Film projects, and Movie Trailers!

They’re looking for renditions of well-known songs that could fit in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the references we got directly from them:

"Something In The Way" (Nirvana) Cover by Samuel Kim

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" (Nirvana) Cover by Think Up Anger feat. Malia J.

"The Final Countdown" (Europe) Cover by Damned Anthem

Please submit reimagined Covers of well-known Songs that fire on all cylinders from start to finish. Your submissions should evoke a similar epic vibe in the general ballpark of the references. We think adding some orchestral, rock, and electronic elements could amp up the larger-than-life sound of your Covers. Any and all software instruments or samples you use should sound current, fresh, and not dated, obviously quantized, or MIDI-Driven. Be sure to stay as close to the original lyrics and melodies as possible so the roots of the Songs are recognizable. Compelling vocal performances with strong, expressive deliveries are absolutely key for this request!

TAXI Tip: We think that some cool sound-design elements like crashes, bangs, risers, etc. might add to the "epic" factor of your submissions! You can also consider doing things like taking a song that was uptempo in its original form and slowing it down... or the opposite! Get creative and change it up!

Broadcast quality is needed.

This Library offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 Deal. You’ll get 50% of any sync fees and 100% of the Writer’s share. The Publisher will get 50% of sync fees and 100% of the Publisher’s Share. You’ll keep 100% of the original copyright and master recording. You must own or control the Master and Copyright to submit to this pitch. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. Someone from the Publishing Company may screen some or all of the submissions. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Thursday, October 1st, 2020. TAXI # S201001CV

When you were here before
Couldn't look you in the eye
You're just like an angel
Your skin makes me cry
You float like a feather
In a beautiful world
I wish I was special
You're so fuckin' special
But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here
I don't care if it hurts
I wanna have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice
When I'm not around
I wish I was special
But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
I don't belong here, oh, oh
She's running out the door
She's running out
She run, run, run, run
Run
Whatever makes you happy
Whatever you want
I wish I was special
But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
I don't belong here
I don't belong here

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Another chastity question

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:26 am

Pvgeldrop wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:51 pm
The radio edit of this track turned 'fucking' into 'very', I'd suggest doing the same.
Exactly ! it exists already..no need to re-invent the wheel.

Actually a Trailer Style style cover of Creep was used on " |You " the Netflix show. They used " very " as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI5yHoT ... l=ONEMedia

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Zaychi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:30 am

Thanks guys, clear!

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Zaychi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:24 pm

Pvgeldrop wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:57 am

There is a version I rather like by Karen Souza that was used on The Zero Theorem, worked wonderfully in those scenes. It also used 'very'.
Yeah, found that one just now, and it's a pretty cool version... not "trailer" style though, more like old-style jazz.

Saving a google for anyone looking for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK5mhtaDK8g