Why Dispatch?

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Jonharding

Re: Why Dispatch?

Post by Jonharding » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:28 am

Matheus seem to sell it as a quick turnaround but I’ve also seen quick turnaround briefs on the standard membership too. Almost all the dispatch ones I have been notified about have been instrumental/cues and in the other hand most of the standard listings are song based. All the instrumental ones that have appealed to me have been from dispatch which is why it annoyed me a bit knowing I would likely sign and have to pay again. It’s not the money as it’s not a lot- it’s principal. Should be one whole membership

AlanHall
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AlanHall » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:23 pm

I've thought about dispatch, but have decided to wait until I'm confident that any track I submit will be a forward. (Nowhere near that bar yet, BTW!)

That's the only way I see dispatch being a good choice.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:08 am

Jonharding wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:28 am
Almost all the dispatch ones I have been notified about have been instrumental/cues and in the other hand most of the standard listings are song based.
Jonharding wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:28 am
All the instrumental ones that have appealed to me have been from dispatch....
gitanosoy wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 10:04 am
...about the dead lines, yeah some of them are really short timeline and some are standard 2-3 weeks.
gitanosoy wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 10:04 am
sometimes they don't get enough submissions and it ends up in the regular INSTRUMENTAL listings
hummingbird wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:21 am
a full year of Dispatch is $150 USD in addition to the regular membership fee
A big 'Thanks' to Taxi for all the many good things, but I have to agree with the frustrations expressed here, even though songwriters or instrumentalists with a different bias might see it differently.
Graham (UK).