7 Publishing Deals & Results

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

boinkeee2000
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: 7 Publishing Deals & Results

Post by boinkeee2000 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:27 am

[/quote]
What guys need to understand is that Taxi has an extremely high standard.... higher than the industry.... why? because it's not bad songs that are the enemy of great it's mediocre and Taxi can not get in the business of promoting mediocre songs it would kill there credibility..... But the industry will take mediocre songs all day long and many will get placed in shows..... Like I've said Taxi is a tool to be used to help you but they don't do it for you
[/quote]

true that, and as per briefs, we (including taxi) are all at the mercy of the info given by the libs on what they want, one particular lib would even send out a second email to explain further or change references cause no one seems to be getting it. you cant blame yourself (or taxi) for the miscomm, just part of the game you have to live with

cdl

Post by cdl » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:40 am

I totally agree with John and Erik about the sometimes crazy circumstances surrounding when and why a song is chosen by a music library as a result of a Taxi forward. I have had several situations where a library signed some of my songs then later on signed other tunes that Taxi rejected. Not Taxi's fault, but as Erik (I believe suggested) said, "Taxi's standards are higher and can't send out mediocre music (in their opinion) or their credibility would suffer. I really don't have a problem with that mentality. To me, even getting one song signed by a library opens up the opportunity for them to review other songs because now communication is established between the composer and the decision maker, and they are more inclined to consider further material.

Best to all,

Carl Lord
www.carllord.com
www.cypresscovemusic.com
https://soundcloud.com/user-499527710/sets

DesireInspires
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DesireInspires » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:42 pm

@cdl, you should co-write with other songwriters here. They can help introduce you to other music libraries while you continue to submit to the Taxi listings.

I’ll check out your music and see if we can collaborate on anything.