Road Rally (Thanks!)

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

Road Rally (Thanks!)

Post by BradGray » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:40 am

Well done to the entire taxi team (and panelists) on the Road Rally!

It was well run, came off very smooth to the audience, and was packed full of great information. I was really surprised at the amount of content presented, and the back-to-back sessions for 8+ hrs. a day. To shift a conference from a single location, to 100% online, with the panelists in multiple locations, is no small feat. It was very well executed! I've attended well over 100 conferences in my non-music industry career, of varying sizes between 100 to 25 000 attendees. This was a good show!

My only suggestion for next year - consider a way to continue the online portion of the conference, even when you switch back to in person. Set up a couple of cameras to stream the live feed to the private YouTube channel again, with someone to monitor the questions as they come in.

For a couple of reasons:

1) There are many people who can't attend, and it still gives them a way to participate and connect with the Taxi member community.
2) Having the recordings of the sessions, are immensely valuable, as with such great content the ability to review again and again is very helpful.

I do plan on being an attendee in person next year, as there's no replacement to meeting and connecting with people. But having both options, would certainly be appreciated. Perhaps charge a small fee for joining online, to cover the additional costs? Just a thought.

Overall it was great! Thank-you!
Brad