"Taxi Clients"

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Robertj64
Impressive
Impressive

"Taxi Clients"

Post by Robertj64 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:17 am

I noticed in a recent listing, Taxi was asking for music with the "Home" theme. It covers all kinds of genres. In the listing, it says:

"Our A&R team will have a simple mandate: Is it GREAT? Does it sound ready to go as it is? Would it work well for placements in Film and TV? Would TAXI's music licensing and music library clients be happy to hear this on the playlist we send them?"

I was under the impression that taxi members were the only clients. If music libraries are clients, are the libraries paying Taxi to use the songs? I know that Taxi does not take a cut from member who signs with a library. So what exactly does a "client" mean in terms of a library, music supervisor etc? I always thought a client meant that there was some kind of transactional agreement.

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "Taxi Clients"

Post by cassmcentee » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:36 am

A simple Google search:
a person or organization using the services of a lawyer or other professional person or company.

The service in this case is FREE
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

PDebik
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by PDebik » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:55 am

I think that in a recent TAXI Quarantini Michael mentioned that TAXI is preparing a compilation of "Home" theme songs to send out to producers and libraries without actually having a mandate from them, because it is expected that once the pandemic is over a lot of productions will need music with a "Home" theme (e.g. how it felt staying at home for that long, how it felt to work from home, conflicts with the family, etc.).

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:27 am

I read it as more of a case of Taxi pre-empting the need for the material before it's been requested and shopping it to them proactively ?

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:08 pm

CTWF wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:46 am
and those delivering it are.......
fill in the blanks :lol:

Robertj64
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Robertj64 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:43 pm

Thanks for the clarification and comments. Taxi should put that the service is free on the website. It's a great selling point to any library or supervisor! "Great value and service provided by Taxi at no cost to you!" Lol