Music Library Pioneer Marc Ferrari Joins Us on TAXI TV!

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TAXIstaff
Impressive
Impressive

Post by TAXIstaff » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:03 pm

Click the link below to watch Monday at 4 pm Pacific

https://youtu.be/ao5soM9KtnY

7pm Eastern (EST) / 6pm Central (CST) / 4pm Pacific (PST) 12am London (GMT) / 11am Sydney (AEDT)

Dear Passengers,

Marc Ferrari was in the “hair bands,” Keel, Cold Sweat, and Medicine Wheel in the ‘80s and early ‘90s. That’s Marc with the blonde streak in his blown-out hair ;-)

I personally think his greatest legacy might be starting the MasterSource music library in the early 1990s.

Marc was a visionary who realized that music from independent musicians had real value in the music licensing industry. Especially at a time when virtually all the music in library catalogs was “canned.”

He founded MasterSource to get more of his own music synced, and it grew from there until he sold it in 2007 to Universal Music.

MasterSource signed quite a few TAXI members back in the day. Our companies sort of grew up together, so Marc and I have always had a warm relationship. He often reminds me that he was probably the first person to sign music from long-time TAXI member Matt Hirt. That relationship panned out really well for both of them!

Marc will be my special guest on this episode of TAXI TV, and I think his insights will be valuable to all anybody looking to create great music for the Film/TV sync business. I might also get him to cough up a couple of behind-the-scenes stories about what it was like to be in bands that used hair spray.

BTW, Marc appeared in Wayne’s World 1 and 2! Just sayin’!!

Click the link below to watch, Monday at 4 pm Pacific

https://youtu.be/ao5soM9KtnY

To Join the Live Chat and Vote During the Broadcast…

You’ll need to be signed up to YouTube (FREE) and be logged in to be able to join in on the chat during the show. Go to youtube.com and click the "Sign In" link in the upper right-hand corner of the page and fill out the short form to join. If you have a Gmail account, you’ll be able to associate your YouTube account with it!

7pm Eastern (EST) / 6pm Central (CST) / 4pm Pacific (PST) 12am London (GMT) / 11am Sydney (AEDT)

Please join me for this very special episode!

See you on the show,

Michael