We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

News Instrumental Feedback

Post by BradGray » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:19 am

Hey Passengers!

Could you lend me your ears to check out the following? It's my first attempt at creating a News cue. I can guarantee that my submission is by a Canadian composer, but perhaps the rest will be news to me. ;-)

The NewsRoom

Thanks so much!
Brad

It's for the listing:
NEWS INSTRUMENTALS by CANADIAN COMPOSERS are needed by a top-tier Music Library for placements on a variety of Canadian TV Shows.

They’re searching for Instrumentals in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

News Background Music | News Music News Background
News Intro Music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogS_MELUhsc&ab_channel=MusicforVideoLibrary
CNN Music Theme "World News"CNN

Send them well-produced Instrumentals that could feel at home on a range of TV News programming – breaking news, financial reports, technology updates, medical news, etc. Your submissions can cover a wide range of moods, but it'd be wise to stick to a singular mood and motif in each of your pieces so they remain cohesive. Both your production and any software sounds or samples you use should be high-quality and modern.

TAXI Tip: If you plan on incorporating Orchestral instrumentation into your pieces, be sure that any virtual instruments you use sound realistic and convincing. Anything that sounds unnatural, synthetic, or obviously MIDI-driven won’t work for this request.

Your submissions should be between 90 seconds and 2 minutes in length, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best for this request. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: News Instrumental Feedback

Post by cassmcentee » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:02 am

Hey Brad
I listened for 50 seconds
Very nice composition!
The horn and string sounds are just too Midi to pass the bar
The overall mix is lacking in the low HZs
Your intro arppegiate has a really nice depth to it in that range
So maybe keep it going, or when it drops out use something else to fill in that EQ space
Keep on Truckin'
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

Re: News Instrumental Feedback

Post by BradGray » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:15 am

Thanks Cass!

I'll work on tweaking the horns and strings further. They are from East West, but I'm sure I can give them a bit more life. I also probably lost the low end when I dialed back that pulsing bass, so I will find something to smooth into there to prop that up.

Appreciate the feedback! I still have a few days to make it right.

Happy Friday!
Brad