Lost session...profile tracks

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Lost session...profile tracks

Post by gitanosoy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:41 pm

Hi All,
I have a couple of tracks on my profile that I lost the session(have learnt my lesson now, backing everything to external HD) on and only have the mastered track, is there any point keeping the track on my Taxi profile for submitting, my concern is if I submit and it gets forwarded then signed to a library I can not make any changes (edit points, alt versions..e.t.c) to the track.

So what do you guys suggest I do? One of the two tracks did get forwarded over a year ago but luckily nothing has come out of it yet.

1.Delete the track off my profile
2.Submit and hope they just take the track as is
3.leave it on the profile

Thank you

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Lost session...profile tracks

Post by gitanosoy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:02 pm

CTWF wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:21 pm
gitanosoy wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:41 pm
2.Submit and hope they just take the track as is
3.leave it on the profile
My view:
The profile can work as a show case as we know, so, possibly no mistake to leave up a track that you are proud of. If a library would not just want to take the master as is, maybe you could offer to re-do it from scratch? I mean, it does not sound right to me to abandon a track if a good quality master is there and may be useable, no?

Tom
Thank you Tom for replying, I have been trying to get to the bottom of this.

Yeah I know I can go spend the time and re do it if the forward one gets signed, of course it will never be exact and I have to remember what the hell I did..lol..some of my tracks were done on cubase a long time ago before I switched to Logic and that is how I lost them because my PC died.

Yeah I have been going back and re mixing and re mastering tracks on my profile that I wasn't happy with, I was learning Logic and submitting tracks at the same time, now I am a little better at it and learning more everyday.....I can't do that in soundcloud unless I get the payed version so the crap ones stay or I delete.

Okay, I guess I will leave it on there and make a note not to submit it to a listing.

Thank you.

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:27 am

4. You could try splitting the track up in stems with the rebalance function in Izotope RX8..

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rx/ ... lance.html
Ceo of my own life

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:50 am

Thank you Kolstad,

It is nice to know that there is such a plugin, I didn't know just in case I loose a very important project then I guess it is worth buying it.

thank you.

SubRivers
Impressive
Impressive

Post by SubRivers » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:21 pm

Did the drive fail when your PC died - if not you can grab the disk out and stick in an external enclosure.

Not being able to do the alts they expect would likely create a bad first impression with a new library - but a library you have existing relationship with you could judge better if they might be interested (I only know of one that doesn't require alts)

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:22 pm

CTWF wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:02 pm
Kolstad wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:27 am
4. You could try splitting the track up in stems with the rebalance function in Izotope RX8..

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rx/ ... lance.html
Would that tool be good enough to create stems without artefacts?
Doubtful

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:04 pm

SubRivers wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:21 pm
Did the drive fail when your PC died - if not you can grab the disk out and stick in an external enclosure.

Not being able to do the alts they expect would likely create a bad first impression with a new library - but a library you have existing relationship with you could judge better if they might be interested (I only know of one that doesn't require alts)
Yeah that's what I wanted to hear for future submission opportunity, not to submit just in case it gets forwarded then I can't provide alts.

Okay thanks I will just leave it on there for now.