Is this okay?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Is this okay?

Post by ronnie35 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:51 pm

HI, So I have been with Taxi for about 10 yrs a dedicated member. This is probably gonna sound stupid. There are so many libraries out there, I just went through the writing music for income course.They listed some music libraries can I upload some cues to them ? Do cues have to be screened through Taxi? Is there a 50/50 chance that they may get accepted . I have done everything through Taxi

Ron
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Is this okay?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:26 am

ronnie35 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:51 pm
HI, So I have been with Taxi for about 10 yrs a dedicated member. This is probably gonna sound stupid. There are so many libraries out there, I just went through the writing music for income course.They listed some music libraries can I upload some cues to them ? Do cues have to be screened through Taxi? Is there a 50/50 chance that they may get accepted . I have done everything through Taxi

Ron
Is that the course sold by Michael Kruk ? I have seen the advertising for it and watched some of the free videos - I know he's a composer who owns his own Taxi Friendly Library starting with P, so maybe that's on the list as well. They were including a Taxi membership on the higher tier packages of the course iirc. Having watched the freebies I decided there wasn't much value in it for me personally but YMMV depending on where you are in your journey.

There's a huge amount of Libraries out there ( I have kept a spreadsheet over the last 5 years listing all the companies I've found and it's 1800 lines long !! :shock: ) but just knowing who they are doesn't make it any easier to get accepted. Yes, you can send whatever you want, to whomever you want, whenever you want. Obviously whatever you offer them has to be " in the clear " i.e.not exclusively signed to anyone else. You can join Music Library Report which has forums and listings / reviews of such things.

As for the chances ...if only it were 50-50 I'd be in about 100 libraries by now :lol:

A lot of them don't even respond Ron, I don't think they even bother to listen to unsolicited submissions in many cases. It's very competitive out there and you need high quality licensable music ( which is what the Screeners are there to identify ) and I don't know what success your 10 yr Taxi membership has brought you but it's likely find it even harder out in the wild to get accepted.

Mark

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:32 pm

Thank You Mark That is just what I wanted to hear It looks like Taxi is a clear way to do this.
Best ,Ron
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

DesireInspires
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DesireInspires » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:29 pm

I can help you out. Send me a PM.