Please help! ? re listing that's due tonight!

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gabrifini

Please help! ? re listing that's due tonight!

Post by gabrifini » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:58 pm

Hi! I have been away from Taxi for some time and maybe I should know the answer to this, but, for the following listing- do they only want original songs? Or can I submit covers/public domain songs? I'm unsure because it talks about that they're looking for an artist/band, but then it sounds like maybe they're looking for original songs as well? Is it both? If you can let me know what you think, I'd really appreciate it- especially since tonight is the deadline.
Thanks so much!

CELTIC ARTISTS or BANDS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by an eclectic Independent Record Label that’s eagerly looking for fresh, new talent to sign.

This Record Label is on the hunt for Songs in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:

"Mo Ghile Mear" by Mae McKenna

"Deora Ar Mo Chroí" by Enya

"Little Sparrow" by John Doyle

Please submit top-notch Celtic Songs that showcase your ability to captivate the listener with inviting rhythms, moving melodies, well-performed vocals, and lots of Celtic charm. Be sure that both your production and recording quality are high-quality and on the same general playing field as the references and others like them. If you plan to use virtual versions of "organic" Instruments (guitars, pianos, etc.), they should sound like the real thing! Anything that’s obviously synthetic or MIDI-driven won’t work, here.

TAXI TIP: This label is NOT looking for Celtic Rock for this pitch. They want heartfelt Celtic tracks that have more of a relaxing feel to them.

NOTE: We recommend that you submit TWO or THREE SONGS per submission so they can see if you’ve got depth in your material. It’s not necessary to land a deal with them, just a suggestion!

You’d be wise to highlight any licensing experience, fanbase, or impressive sales/streaming figures you may have in your bio. All those things can help make you more appealing to the company! If you’re a new artist or band and don’t have much of a story or track record yet, but you DO have an amazing sound and the compositions to back it up, they are still willing to give you a listen!

The specific deal points will be negotiated directly with the Record Label on a case-by-case basis. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD, and include a photo and bio. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Saturday, January 30th, 2021. TAXI # S210130CT

TAXI # S210130CT

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Please help! ? re listing that's due tonight!

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:03 pm

gabrifini wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:58 pm
do they only want original songs?
Yes