How Long it Takes Before a Deal -- Tell Your Stories Here!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

lgstarr
Impressive
Impressive

Re: How Long it Takes Before a Deal -- Tell Your Stories Here!

Post by lgstarr » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:59 pm

calumupton wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:37 pm
In short, I'd recommend knowing why you're using TAXI and remembering that you can always switch it off / on.
Say you go off, though, and THEN you later go back on again: does it start up with $299 again (instead of $199 for renewing)??

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:10 pm

In my case it always happened the day it got forwarded or a few days later. In most cases the same day it got forwarded.
Cheers,
Matt

kc2812

Post by kc2812 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:14 pm

Just throwing in my numbers: My first forwards were back in the 2011. From 2011 to 2021 I’ve had around 60 forwards, but have never heard back. So even if you get forwarded you’re not guaranteed to hear back unfortunately. However one day may be the lucky day. Don’t give up and remember: write, submit, forget.

The styles which I’ve got forwarded range from hip hop, world music, dramedy, ambient, drone, comedy cues, trap and more.

Will also mention that I’ve more than once have had bulks of 10-12 different cues being forward for one listing.

calumupton

Post by calumupton » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:52 am

lgstarr wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:59 pm

Say you go off, though, and THEN you later go back on again: does it start up with $299 again (instead of $199 for renewing)??
Yes good point! I think there's usually a renewal sale every year, though I suppose TAXI could decide to stop running them at any time. At the moment I'm on 2 years for $299.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:25 am

lgstarr wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:59 pm
calumupton wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:37 pm
In short, I'd recommend knowing why you're using TAXI and remembering that you can always switch it off / on.
Yes. If you wait more than a certain amount of time to renew (I think 30 days?), it goes back up to full price. No guarantees they will run a special. Obviously, Taxi is not for everyone. ML will tell you that himself. If you take advantage of the intangibles regardless of forward/deal success, especially the road rally, $199 is pretty light. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Though I have gotten deals through forwards, the majority of my placements are the result of networking and collaborating with people I met at the rally and/or this forum. And there are library owners I wouldn't know so well today had I not gone to a rally.

A pet peeve of mine is when people don't renew to support the company that did so much for them (Rally, this forum, contacts, etc) BUT take advantage of everything--- go to the rally as a guest, collab with Taxi members who submit their work, use the forum, etc. $199 a year to support the company (and possibly get another deal/contact) is very inexpensive (relatively speaking). Yes, there are valid exceptions like when people are going through bad financial times. I totally get that.

I am NOT saying everyone should renew. But if you know that if it wasn't for your association with Taxi, you wouldn't have the success you have today, give my comments thought. 99.9% percent of my library placements today are from direct submissions to libraries like C****l Music and the one that gets so many Young and Restless placements. But had I never been involved with Taxi, I wouldn't even know they exist. I never lose sight of that.

Be safe and well out there,
:D Casey

kc2812

Post by kc2812 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:38 am

No one have any comments regarding this?
kc2812 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:14 pm
Just throwing in my numbers: My first forwards were back in the 2011. From 2011 to 2021 I’ve had around 60 forwards, but have never heard back. So even if you get forwarded you’re not guaranteed to hear back unfortunately. However one day may be the lucky day. Don’t give up and remember: write, submit, forget.

The styles which I’ve got forwarded range from hip hop, world music, dramedy, ambient, drone, comedy cues, trap and more.

Will also mention that I’ve more than once have had bulks of 10-12 different cues being forward for one listing.

lgstarr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lgstarr » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:21 am

Casey H wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:25 am
A pet peeve of mine is when people don't renew to support the company that did so much for them (Rally, this forum, contacts, etc) BUT take advantage of everything--- go to the rally as a guest, collab with Taxi members who submit their work, use the forum, etc. $199 a year to support the company (and possibly get another deal/contact) is very inexpensive (relatively speaking). Yes, there are valid exceptions like when people are going through bad financial times. I totally get that.

I am NOT saying everyone should renew. But if you know that if it wasn't for your association with Taxi, you wouldn't have the success you have today, give my comments thought. 99.9% percent of my library placements today are from direct submissions to libraries like C****l Music and the one that gets so many Young and Restless placements. But had I never been involved with Taxi, I wouldn't even know they exist. I never lose sight of that.

Be safe and well out there,
:D Casey
Really well stated! I didn't realize at first what a really decent guy Michael is and just how much work and love goes into this company--I worked in the industry for years and just got used to a lot of people that weren't very nice back then (1970's through the 1990's). Where did you get the quote about biting your tongue til it bleeds? (I have spells of doing that and it drives me crazy!)

--Linda
PS: It's weird, but my Bitdefender AV program always throws up a "suspicious connection blocked" notice when I'm on these forums...does that mean ADMIN needs to tweak something?

kc2812

Post by kc2812 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:34 pm

When the companies reach out to make a deal, after a forward, do they usually do this through email or do they call? Have you ever got such email in your spam folder? I find it quite strange that in the years I’ve been a member of Taxi never have heard back. Is it normal to take over 10 years from a number of different forwards to you hear back from a library? Just wondering. 🙂

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:56 pm

kc2812 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:34 pm
When the companies reach out to make a deal, after a forward, do they usually do this through email or do they call? Have you ever got such email in your spam folder? I find it quite strange that in the years I’ve been a member of Taxi never have heard back. Is it normal to take over 10 years from a number of different forwards to you hear back from a library? Just wondering. 🙂
99.9% by email.

kc2812

Post by kc2812 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:59 pm

Thanks Casey H