Work For Hire Question

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Work For Hire Question

Post by DBarnett » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:55 pm

Very good, covering a lot a good info here
Thanks everyone, if there's more to be added to this discussion please do

MarkAnthonyDolin

Post by MarkAnthonyDolin » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:30 am

HI all. new (old) Taxi guy here. In skimming over this thread, I don't think I saw anyone mention WFH with commercial release. Often the singers will charge more for commercial release, but more importantly they need to sign off for permission to use their vocal (instrument) in film/tv. having the proper form makes this simple. Peace N Luv, Mark

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:52 am

MarkAnthonyDolin wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:30 am
HI all. new (old) Taxi guy here. In skimming over this thread, I don't think I saw anyone mention WFH with commercial release. Often the singers will charge more for commercial release, but more importantly they need to sign off for permission to use their vocal (instrument) in film/tv. having the proper form makes this simple. Peace N Luv, Mark
Best to check with an entertainment attorney but I'm not sure there is a difference as long as the form is clear that it is WFH under US copyright law. Off the top of my head (don't trust this!), you can do whatever with it, it's just the price that might be different. But again, ask an entertainment attorney as my going to Forum Law Skool isn't enough. :D