Johnny Cash tribute song ("My Kind of Cash")

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

RPaul
Impressive
Impressive

Johnny Cash tribute song ("My Kind of Cash")

Post by RPaul » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:10 pm

Back in 2003, Michael J. Parker and I wrote a Johnny Cash tribute song called "My Kind of Cash". We didn't realize it at the time, but we literally finished the song just hours before Cash passed away. We got a single song deal out of Nashville a short while later, but it reverted to us a couple of years after that with no cuts.

I finally got around to finishing my own recording of the song and releasing it on February 26th of this year, which would have been Cash's 89th birthday. I've been extremely pleasantly surprised to see it had already racked up upwards of 300 plays on Pandora within the first week plus two days of its release. For context, while I've got one song on Pandora ("On My Way to You") that has upwards of a thousand plays, most of my other songs on Pandora have a pretty trivial number of plays, and the one that has upwards of 1,000 plays has been on Pandora for on the order of a year and a half now (though it also got off to a strong start). It's too early to say at this point whether the momentum will build or fizzle.

If anyone would like to have a listen, here is a link that will let you pick your favorite streaming service from among some of the most popular ones:

http://smarturl.it/MyKindOfCash

Rick

Ted
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Johnny Cash tribute song ("My Kind of Cash")

Post by Ted » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Hey Rick, that's a really cool song!

RPaul
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Johnny Cash tribute song ("My Kind of Cash")

Post by RPaul » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:42 am

Ted wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:04 pm
Hey Rick, that's a really cool song!
Thanks, Ted!