We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

Indy Folk/Americana

Post by BradGray » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:57 pm

Hey Passengers!

Just looking for a little last-minute feedback on the following track I'm prepping for submission. American Folktale

...I'm going to add in some "Hey's" tomorrow. Any other suggestions and tips are appreciated!

Thanks,
Brad

It's for the below listing:

UPBEAT INDIE FOLK/AMERICANA INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a high-quality, boutique-sized Music Licensing Company that’s been signing quite a bit of music from TAXI members lately!

This Company is looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic range of the following references we got directly from them:

"Ho Hey" by The Lumineers Hey Ho

"Riptide" by Vance Joy Riptide

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumental Cues only for this request.

Please send top-notch Indie Folk/Americana Instrumental Cues with an overall joyful, upbeat sound and vibe. Organic-based instrumentation will suit your submissions well – think Acoustic Guitars, Tambourines, Handclaps, Ukulele, etc. Your production should be on the same general playing field as the references. If you're planning on using any virtual instruments, they need to sound like the real deal (nothing synthetic or obviously MIDI-sounding, please!). Craft your Cues around a singular, fun motif and mood, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress.

TAXI Tip: Incorporating some non-lyrical vocal parts like "Heys" or "Oohs" could add some extra happy-go-lucky energy to your pieces, but don't overdo it! Remember, simple is usually best for these types of Cues.

Submissions should be around 1 to 2 minutes long, give or take, and have non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Indy Folk/Americana

Post by LamarPecorino » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:27 pm

Hi Brad,

Although I am not all that knowledgeable about this genre, I think that your track hits the bullseye. Congratulations!
Onward and upward!
Lamar

“We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained" JFK

KennyWayneBuffalo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Indy Folk/Americana

Post by KennyWayneBuffalo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:43 pm

I think it sounds good. Send it.
Ken

BradGray
Impressive