We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JuanMacias
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Contemporary hip-hop instrumental looking for feedback

Post by JuanMacias » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:57 am

Hi :)

Not sure if anyone will see this in time, but worth a shot!
Wrote this yesterday, thinking I might apply to the listing below...so I would really appreciate your ears!

https://soundcloud.com/user-11952413/pl ... o-the-edge

Lots of CONTEMPORARY HIP-HOP INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a hard-working Music Library for several (up to) $3,500 placements in TV Show Teasers, Promos, and Trailers.
This Company is looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that could fit in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references we got directly from them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8JflBNovLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJt7gNi3Nr4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXeQ6bmV7oU

Please send top-notch Hip-Hop Instrumental Cues that fire on all cylinders. Your submissions should have solid beats, catchy hooks, and lots of energy and swagger. Polished production featuring state-of-the-art software sounds and samples are essential for this pitch, as well. Craft your Cues around a singular mood and motif, and layer instrumentation in and out to create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics.
NOTE: Do NOT submit any tracks with spoken producer tags/watermarks as they're not usable for film and TV placements.
Submissions should be about 90 seconds long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Please do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe.

Juan

DrDanny

Re: Contemporary hip-hop instrumental looking for feedback

Post by DrDanny » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:10 pm

Hi Juan,

Overall the track is good and I was compelled to listen to all of it. My opinion - you need to work on the mix a little bit - the lows/mids are washed out at times and need some tending with EQ and maybe panning. I think your sub perhaps needs a maximizer or compressor for some more punch. That might help you achieve the firing on all cylinders effect they are looking. Also a comment I got on my own submissions which I am looking out for myself, make sure all of your instruments sound state-of-the-art as asked. Listen to each instrument and ask yourself if it sounds polished - you have the right instrumentation in terms of what instrument needs to represent the idea that is probably in your head, but the bells in the middle/end of the track and the long lifting sounds might cause the reviewer to pick that out as not sounding state-of-the-art.

Good luck with your submission,

Danny

JuanMacias
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Contemporary hip-hop instrumental looking for feedback

Post by JuanMacias » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:08 am

DrDanny wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:10 pm
Hi Juan,

Overall the track is good and I was compelled to listen to all of it. My opinion - you need to work on the mix a little bit - the lows/mids are washed out at times and need some tending with EQ and maybe panning. I think your sub perhaps needs a maximizer or compressor for some more punch. That might help you achieve the firing on all cylinders effect they are looking. Also a comment I got on my own submissions which I am looking out for myself, make sure all of your instruments sound state-of-the-art as asked. Listen to each instrument and ask yourself if it sounds polished - you have the right instrumentation in terms of what instrument needs to represent the idea that is probably in your head, but the bells in the middle/end of the track and the long lifting sounds might cause the reviewer to pick that out as not sounding state-of-the-art.

Good luck with your submission,

Danny
Hi Danny!

Thank you very much for your feedback!