Never mind! Doing a rewrite. Question for you pop/singer songwriter vocal writers..

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Never mind! Doing a rewrite. Question for you pop/singer songwriter vocal writers..

Post by JohnnyP » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:08 pm

please disregard this post. I’m doing a rewrite on this so I’ve removed the lyrics and link.

Hey folks, (Ethan???) ;)

I've got a song that I think I'm ready to send to a vocalist (don't mind the playing, singing, low level, these are rough tracks coz I don't know what key it will end up in ). Anyway my issue is the hook has changed several times. From "I can't come to a full stop" , "My heart can't come to a full stop" to "My heart won't come to a full stop". The thought I'm trying to convey is "I still love you". If I tried to sing "My love won't come to a full stop" I think it would sound like I'm talking to the person- ie "my love" (the person won't come to a full stop) lol.

So my question is - in this version I've sung the hook the same the first 2x. Then started changing it in the ad-lib section and into the final chorus. Does this strike your ears as odd? Should I just stay with the hook as it is in C1 and C2? My gut is telling me to go back to my original hook "I can't come, I can't come no no I.. I can't come to a full stop"
Last edited by JohnnyP on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Question for you pop/singer songwriter vocal writers..

Post by lesmac » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:58 pm

I vote for "my love for you" won't come, it won't come, to a full stop.

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Question for you pop/singer songwriter vocal writers..

Post by JohnnyP » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:48 am

lesmac wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:58 pm
I vote for "my love for you" won't come, it won't come, to a full stop.
Thank you for taking the time to listen and respond Lester! I’ve had a few more friends suggest a similar thing. I’m going to try a ruff and see how it sings.

Thanks again for taking the time!
Best, John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com