We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

MODERN ROCK SONGS in a FOREIGN LANGUAGE

Post by Horacemix » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:33 am

Hello everybody!
I have this song in Spanish and I wonder if it fits the genre asked in this listing.
It's Rock with a latin flavor which gives some sort of Reggae feeling mixed with Rock and Pop.
What do you think? Is it worth sending it out for the screener's review?

Thank you in advance for your comments
Best regards!
MODERN ROCK SONGS in a FOREIGN LANGUAGE with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a well-known Indie Label.

NOTE: Songs can be in languages as wide-ranging as Spanish, Arabic, French, Italian, Mandarin, Russian, Hindi, Japanese, etc. Just no English, please! Naturally, the most common languages will be more appealing to the client. Obscure languages from lesser-known countries could be less appealing to the label. Sorry, Liechtenstein!!

We purposely avoided putting references in this request as we felt they could be more misleading or limiting than helpful. This Label is open to virtually any contemporary Rock-based genre/style – from Pop/Rock, Metal, Alt-Rock, Indie Rock, Blues Rock, Punk, Hard Rock, Rap Rock, etc., etc. Just be sure your vocals are not in English for this pitch!

Please send top-notch, foreign-language Rock Songs with great grooves, compelling melodies, and engaging choruses. Your submissions should have confident, well-executed vocals that feel authentic to the region and genre you choose to submit. Solid, contemporary arrangements and musicianship are musts for this request, as well!

Your production and recording quality needs to be clean, clear, well-balanced, and good enough to represent your Songs well. We recommend that you submit at least TWO or THREE Songs per submission so they can see if you’ve got depth in your material.

The specific deal points will be negotiated on a song-by-song basis directly with the Label. Please submit as many Songs as you'd like, online or per CD; please include lyrics, photo, and a bio. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, May 4th, 2021. TAXI # S210504RK
Observation is the raw material for creation...
https://soundcloud.com/horacemix

DexWilliams
Active
Active

Re: MODERN ROCK SONGS in a FOREIGN LANGUAGE

Post by DexWilliams » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:14 am

Hi,

If that was in my catalogue I would definitely submit it. The listing seems deliberately vague regarding the style of rock, but does insist on foreign lyrics (check!) and good production (check!).

Good luck,

Dex

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Re: MODERN ROCK SONGS in a FOREIGN LANGUAGE

Post by Horacemix » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:19 am

DexWilliams wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:14 am
Hi,

If that was in my catalogue I would definitely submit it. The listing seems deliberately vague regarding the style of rock, but does insist on foreign lyrics (check!) and good production (check!).

Good luck,

Dex
Hi! Thank you very much for your opinion!
I'll wait for other members to review it and, if everything goes well, I'll submit this one!

Best wishes!
Observation is the raw material for creation...
https://soundcloud.com/horacemix