Investigative Tension forwards

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Investigative Tension forwards

Post by Susanstunes » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:26 am

Hi gang

These are a blessing since I worked like crazy on them! I spent more time on getting the bass pulses to evolve organically so they are more dynamic - something I've been wanting to master....not sure I've mastered it, but I think it helped to put these across the finish line.

This first one I tried to follow Mac Qualye style...

https://soundcloud.com/susanhillman/emerging-evidence

NVESTIGATIVE TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Music Licensing Company with a large list of placements in Films, TV Commercials, and A-List TV Shows.

This Company is looking for Instrumental Cues that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

"404.2 IRC Fantasy" by Mac Quayle

"Vacation Days" by Thomas Newman

"Get Off The Bus" by Cliff Martinez

IMPORTANT NOTE: This Company has specifically requested that you only submit pieces that have distinct, complementary A and B sections. Be sure that while the melody changes, the mood of your pieces stays cohesive throughout.

Please submit well-composed Investigative Tension Instrumental Cues with intriguing rhythms, polished production, and high-quality, state-of-the-art software sounds and samples. Your instrumentation can be fully Orchestral-based, fully Electronic-based, or be a hybrid of Orchestral and Electronic instrumentation. Think of the kind of music you might hear in a scene where a detective is trying to crack a case on a TV show – that's what this Company is looking for.

2nd one:

https://soundcloud.com/susanhillman/the ... hing-there

SUSPENSEFUL, INVESTIGATIVE TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a high-quality, boutique-sized Music Licensing Company that’s been signing quite a bit of music from TAXI members lately! This company offers up-front payments!

NOTE: This Company would love to add more female composers to their team, so women are strongly encouraged to submit! Obviously, they're happy to hear great tracks from men, as well!

This Company is looking for Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic range of the following references:

"Vacation Days" by Thomas Newman

"Investigation (Connor)" by Nima Fakhrara

"The Birds Are Doing That" by Cliff Martinez

Quoting the Company: "We're looking for Investigative, Suspense, Anticipation (NOT horror) Cues with a mix of organic and electronic elements. The pieces must have a modern feel – nothing dated-sounding."

Please submit well-crafted Instrumental Cues that combine organic and electronic elements that would create a suspenseful, anticipatory mood in a movie or TV show scene. Any and all software sounds and samples you use, as well as your production, should be high-quality and modern. Craft your Cues around a singular motif and mood, and layer instrumentation in and out to build tension and create a sense of forward momentum. Imagine the type of music you might hear in a Crime Drama TV show – that's what this Company wants!

Susan
www.susanhillmanmusic.com
www.instagram.com/susanhillmanmusic

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Investigative Tension forwards

Post by superkons » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:06 am

Love them, well done, Susan
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

jessecarrigan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jessecarrigan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:48 pm

These are great, good work!

OwenGrech
Impressive
Impressive

Post by OwenGrech » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:51 pm

Sounding good Susan well done!

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Susanstunes » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:43 am

Thanks Owen and Jesse- I'm hoping for a contact from someone from those, but not yet...
And on one they are actively looking for my species of composer!😘

Susan