Hello...

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DexWilliams
Active
Active

Hello...

Post by DexWilliams » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:52 am

Hi,

As suggested in the FAQ's I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Dex and I've just joined TAXI having been a follower of TAXI TV and QHH for over a year now and thought I'd take the plunge into this community.

I've been producing library music for several years and have tracks signed with a couple of libraries, but want to expand my writing styles and find new opportunities including collaboration work. The latest track that popped up on my BMI statement in March was for 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' which was a pleasant surprise!

Primarily I would say I write, EDM, Orchestral Hybrid, Pop, Rock (Although I'm rubbish at guitar!) and get inspiration from a rather eclectic set of bands including: Dream Theatre, Daft Punk, Elton John, Pet Shop Boys, Pink, Queen, Stereophonics, Live, Eric Clapton and many more.

I classically learnt the Clarinet and Saxophone to grade 7 through school, but also taught myself the piano by ear by replicating TV themes and have always played keyboards in bands since school and still love it. Outside music, if you give me the opportunity to go sailing/windsurfing I'm there!

I hope to join the conversations going on here in the near future and look forward to getting to know many of you over time as that is a theme I have felt following QHH.

Cheers,

Dex

PS: If anyone from QHH want's to get in touch (as I have't worked out how to find/stalk people yet!) then I probably know who you are, but I never get to join in as in the UK it's 1am and I'm fast asleep... I don't think I've missed an episode as they keep me sane on a Wednesday and Friday night... Thank you ML :D

DexWilliams
Active
Active

Re: Hello... Again...

Post by DexWilliams » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:50 am

It occurred to me that I didn't post a link to any examples of my music... so here are a few excepts of tracks I've had signed/placed... enjoy :)

https://soundcloud.com/dexwilliamsmusic ... wwE9AOFPxT

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Hello... Again...

Post by funsongs » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:40 am

DexWilliams wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:50 am
It occurred to me that I didn't post a link to any examples of my music... so here are a few excepts of tracks I've had signed/placed... enjoy :)

https://soundcloud.com/dexwilliamsmusic ... wwE9AOFPxT
Greetings and "Hello" back atya, Dex.
Listening through your 11 examples as I type this.
Thou promptest me to go back to my Souncloud page and assemble a short example playlist of TOPLINING projects.

Your stuff is so different from the 'norm' that I do - it's just the kind of challenge I'd welcome, to create a song from any of this music.
In the event you should ever want lyrics put to a particular piece - please contact me.
Thanks; and welcome to these Community Forums. :)
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Hello...

Post by johnnyrowing » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:52 am

Hello Dex,
Welcome to Taxi and to the Forums.

I am sure you are going to have lots of success in the cue game. Your stuff sounds great.

Best of luck to you,
Johnny

stephg033

Re: Hello...

Post by stephg033 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:57 am

DexWilliams wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:52 am
Hi,

As suggested in the FAQ's I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Dex and I've just joined TAXI having been a follower of TAXI TV and QHH for over a year now and thought I'd take the plunge into this community.

I've been producing library music for several years and have tracks meilleurs credits immobiliers signed with a couple of libraries, but want to expand my writing styles and find new opportunities including collaboration work. The latest track that popped up on my BMI statement in March was for 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' which was a pleasant surprise!

Primarily I would say I write, EDM, Orchestral Hybrid, Pop, Rock (Although I'm rubbish at guitar!) and get inspiration from a rather eclectic set of bands including: Dream Theatre, Daft Punk, Elton John, Pet Shop Boys, Pink, Queen, Stereophonics, Live, Eric Clapton and many more.

I classically learnt the Clarinet and Saxophone to grade 7 through school, but also taught myself the piano by ear by replicating TV themes and have always played keyboards in bands since school and still love it. Outside music, if you give me the opportunity to go sailing/windsurfing I'm there!

I hope to join the conversations going on here in the near future and look forward to getting to know many of you over time as that is a theme I have felt following QHH.

Cheers,

Dex

PS: If anyone from QHH want's to get in touch (as I have't worked out how to find/stalk people yet!) then I probably know who you are, but I never get to join in as in the UK it's 1am and I'm fast asleep... I don't think I've missed an episode as they keep me sane on a Wednesday and Friday night... Thank you ML :D
Don't remind me it's been a source of disappointment and despair for over 2 years now