Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Question about EPIC TRAILER-Style COVERS of WELL-KNOWN SONGS

Post by Horacemix » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:15 pm

Hello everybody!

I wonder if the cover must be a complete cover song (including the whole lyrics and parts) or if it's possible to take parts of a well-known song and create a trailer-style cover.
My idea is to make an Epic trailer cover of "I want you (she's so heavy)" although the lyrics won't say much and the "she's so heavy" chorus probably is too specific for a "universal" lyric on a movie trailer :?: :?: :?:
For the rest, the song is full of tension and it's ideal for an orchestral epic arrangement. What do you think?

Regards!
EPIC TRAILER-Style COVERS of WELL-KNOWN SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a hard-working Music Library that’s always landing placements in TV Shows, Film projects, and Movie Trailers!

Note: The company let us know that these Covers can generate Sync Fees up to $15,000 when they land in a Trailer!

This Library is on the hunt for Cover Songs that could fit in the general stylistic ballpark of the following reference we got directly from them:

"Man in the Mirror" Cover by J2

"Somebody's Watching Me" Cover by Hidden Citizens

"We Will Rock You" Cover by J2

Please submit reimagined Covers of well-known Songs that fire on all cylinders from start to finish. Your submissions should evoke a generally similar epic vibe to the references and should have three "acts" that build to a climactic crescendo. Orchestral or Orchestral Hybrid instrumentation that includes Electronic and/or Rock elements are the way to go, here. Any and all virtual instruments or samples you use should sound current, fresh, and not dated, obviously quantized, or MIDI-Driven. Well-performed, expressive vocals could be the cherry on top for this request.

TAXI Tip: We recommend sticking as close as possible to the original melodies and lyrics of the songs you cover so they're instantly recognizable to listeners!

Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Library offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 Deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. You must own or control your Master to submit for this pitch. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. Time permitting, someone from the Publishing Company may screen some or all of the submissions. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Wednesday, May 19th, 2021. TAXI # S210519VR
Observation is the raw material for creation...
https://soundcloud.com/horacemix

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Question about EPIC TRAILER-Style COVERS of WELL-KNOWN SONGS

Post by AlanHall » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:30 pm

I can't comment on your muse; but for myself I would pick a song that's not already "epic" to trailerize. Otherwise if I tried, I'd end up with She's so Heavy with a string section :lol:

Real movie trailers are made in trailer production houses, by folks who breathe the same air as the studio production engineers. My best guess for these listings is for ad placements (TV or web). So could still be cool, right?

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Horacemix » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:38 am

AlanHall wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:30 pm
I can't comment on your muse; but for myself I would pick a song that's not already "epic" to trailerize. Otherwise if I tried, I'd end up with She's so Heavy with a string section :lol:

Real movie trailers are made in trailer production houses, by folks who breathe the same air as the studio production engineers. My best guess for these listings is for ad placements (TV or web). So could still be cool, right?
Good point! Still, I'm not convinced by the lyrics. Although the music is epic, the lyrics are poor and I can't imagine a trailer forcing the "she's so heavy" to fit. Changing the She for It's so heavy could be an option, but that's against the listing request.
I give up with this idea (for now) :P

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:46 am

I don't think it's well known enough as a song among the general public

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:04 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:46 am
That too ^

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Horacemix » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:33 am

AlanHall wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:04 am
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:46 am
That too ^
Agree