"Infinite relistening syndrome"

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

"Infinite relistening syndrome"

Post by Horacemix » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:49 am

Hello everybody!

I've noticed that after submitting a track to a listing, I suffer from the syndrome of having to listen to what I've submitted almost infinitely.
Maybe I'm trying to check that everything is as it's supposed to be, maybe it's some sort of superstition that compels me to listen to what I've sent hoping to emit some good vibe and quantum positive influence, or maybe I've smoked too much pot :roll: :P :mrgreen:
Is it just me or anyone else who is suffering from this "Infinite relistening syndrome"?

Regards!
Observation is the raw material for creation...
https://soundcloud.com/horacemix

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "Infinite relistening syndrome"

Post by cassmcentee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:25 am

I think that's a good problem
Spend that time "listening for" or "working on" cutdowns/15,30,60 second edits so that you are prepared for the library
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Horacemix » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:33 am

cassmcentee wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:25 am
I think that's a good problem
Spend that time "listening for" or "working on" cutdowns/15,30,60 second edits so that you are prepared for the library
Yeah! Of course, but, after working hard on it, still I have to check and recheck, that's why I think it's a syndrome :ugeek:

Anyway, I'm on a new project, so the process starts all over.

Cheers!

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Horacemix » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:58 am

CTWF wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:43 am
Horacemix wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:49 am
Is it just me or anyone else who is suffering from this "Infinite relistening syndrome"?
There is another OCD type problem in music production:
You adjust the volume envelope and want it at -10.0 dB, but you're not far enough zoomed in, so you can only hit -9.8 or -10.1 dB. You know it makes no diffence to anyone's ears, but you go through the extra effort, zoom in, and do exactly -10.0 dB. :lol:

Tom
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is soooo trueeee!!!

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:05 am

Ha! No doubt Horace.

I listen and listen and listen (not always to critique but also just to enjoy).

I am so full of hope and I think "This track is awesome - best I've ever done. THIS is the song that's gonna get signed!" If I get a forward, it stays in my "listening cue . . . but . . . if it gets a return - watch out. Ha! I turn to hate and get all "pouty" and don't listen to it again for like 6 weeks! "Doggone song betrayed me. You said you would be 'the one'. You liar! I'll never trust you again track!" Then time passes. I forgive the track. And then I return to being thankful that the track exists - that music exists - that I was part of creating something . . . etc.

By that time, I am on a "rinse and repeat" with a whole new track. I never learn. :)

Johnny

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Horacemix » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:52 am

johnnyrowing wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:05 am
Ha! No doubt Horace.

I am so full of hope and I think "This track is awesome - best I've ever done. THIS is the song that's gonna get signed!" If I get a forward, it stays in my "listening cue . . . but . . . if it gets a return - watch out. Ha! I turn to hate and get all "pouty" and don't listen to it again for like 6 weeks! "Doggone song betrayed me. You said you would be 'the one'. You liar! I'll never trust you again track!" Then time passes. I forgive the track. And then I return to being thankful that the track exists - that music exists - that I was part of creating something . . . etc.

By that time, I am on a "rinse and repeat" with a whole new track. I never learn. :)

Johnny
Oh, Man! You are hilarious!
You've described the picture perfectly!

OwenGrech
Impressive
Impressive

Post by OwenGrech » Sat May 01, 2021 12:13 am

johnnyrowing wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:05 am
Ha! No doubt Horace.

Johnny
Can definitely relate to this :)