Writing Full Albums For Music Libraries

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Writing Full Albums For Music Libraries

Post by Horacemix » Sun May 02, 2021 7:09 am

Hello everybody:
I've noticed that some listings say "NOTE: This company is more interested in composers who have experience writing full albums for Music Libraries".
Let's say the listing asks for BUILDING, CINEMATIC PIANO-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES and I pitch a couple of tracks, I get forwarded and the library wants me to send them a whole album. Are these albums made out of BUILDING, CINEMATIC PIANO-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES only or they should include some variations like BUILDING TENSION, CINEMATIC PIANO-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES, UPLIFTING CINEMATIC PIANO-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES and so on?

Saying this exposes that I have no experience writing full albums for music libraries, but I'm building my knowledge about it!
Thank you in advance for sharing your wisdom!
Kind regards
Observation is the raw material for creation...
https://soundcloud.com/horacemix

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Writing Full Albums For Music Libraries

Post by Casey H » Sun May 02, 2021 7:54 am

Horace
Generally it would be the same types of tracks. Libraries like to send collections of similar style tracks out for supervisors to pick from. This way all the tracks are neatly categorized together so when they are looking for something for a particular scene they aren't sorting through very different types of music.

I would only submit if you are confident that if they contact you, you could put together a collection (10-12 tracks min.) of similar style and quality in a reasonable time-frame. They did say they prefer experienced at this but if you are professional in your dealings and can deliver, it can be a great opportunity.

Good luck!
:D Casey

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Writing Full Albums For Music Libraries

Post by Horacemix » Sun May 02, 2021 5:13 pm

Casey H wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 7:54 am
Horace
Generally it would be the same types of tracks. Libraries like to send collections of similar style tracks out for supervisors to pick from. This way all the tracks are neatly categorized together so when they are looking for something for a particular scene they aren't sorting through very different types of music.

I would only submit if you are confident that if they contact you, you could put together a collection (10-12 tracks min.) of similar style and quality in a reasonable time-frame. They did say they prefer experienced at this but if you are professional in your dealings and can deliver, it can be a great opportunity.

Good luck!
:D Casey
Hello!
Thank you very much! I really appreciate your explanation. The challenge is to figure out as many as 12 or more cues that are equal in style but different in content.
I guess is a matter of practicing a lot. :geek:

Thank you again!
Regards
Observation is the raw material for creation...
https://soundcloud.com/horacemix