Swamp Rock Cue

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

KennyWayneBuffalo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Swamp Rock Cue

Post by KennyWayneBuffalo » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:15 pm

This isn't finished, but far enough along for feedback, if anyone is willing. TIA.

https://soundcloud.com/ken-vis/swamp-rock-cue-1

A Bunch of SWAMP ROCK INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an extremely busy Music Library with a tremendously long list of killer placements in Hit TV Shows!
This Library is on the hunt for a bunch of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

Swamp People (from 0:10 to 0:30)

"Moonshine & Gasoline" by Blues Saraceno

Duck Dynasty (from 13:49 to 14:14)

Although one of the references has vocals, please submit Instrumental Cues only for this pitch.

Please submit top-notch Swamp Rock Instrumental Cues with twangy guitar riffs, great rhythms, and a healthy dose of Southern charm. Craft your Cues around a singular motif and mood, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Please be sure that your production and any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and not dated. The more your pieces sound like they're being performed by real musicians playing real instruments, the better!

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are strongly recommended. Do NOT copy the referenced tracks in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
Ken

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Swamp Rock Cue

Post by eeoo » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:36 pm

I feel like everyone in the band wants to play faster but the drummer is stuck on a click that's too slow. I think first order of business is to get the groove in the pocket.

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:44 pm

KennyWayneBuffalo wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:15 pm
This isn't finished, but far enough along for feedback, if anyone is willing.
Hi Kenny,
I like the groove and the playing. Cool cue, very 'swampy'. However, to my ears it seems a little down-tempo compared to the ref tracks. That may or may not be an issue, as the listing doesn't specifically ask for 'high energy cues'. JM2C

KennyWayneBuffalo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by KennyWayneBuffalo » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:14 am

AlanHall wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:44 pm
KennyWayneBuffalo wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:15 pm
This isn't finished, but far enough along for feedback, if anyone is willing.
Hi Kenny,
I like the groove and the playing. Cool cue, very 'swampy'. However, to my ears it seems a little down-tempo compared to the ref tracks. That may or may not be an issue, as the listing doesn't specifically ask for 'high energy cues'. JM2C
I was able to change the tempo, so is this better? I replaced the track on SoundCloud, so the same link works.
Ken

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by eeoo » Sat May 01, 2021 11:46 am

I like the faster tempo but it still feels like it's struggling to find a pocket. 2nd half is better. Also sounds too polite for the genre, I would get the drums sounding fat and aggressive and out front. Then maybe re-track your parts to a bigger drum vibe. My 2c.

feaker66
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker66 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:13 am

Hi Yes this is swampy. I hear, even thru the processing, that the guitar is out of tune. Only slightly, and that might be on purpose? the song has great potential and only needs to be cleaned up. Like your pic by the way
Thankfully, while growing old is compulsory, growing up remains optional!

https://soundcloud.com/feaker66

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=883613