Swamp Rock Instrumental

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MichelleLane
Active
Active

Swamp Rock Instrumental

Post by MichelleLane » Mon May 03, 2021 11:23 pm

Hey all, I would love some feedback. Is it swampy enough? What do you think? Looks like there are quite a few of us writing for this one. Thanks!
- Michelle

https://soundcloud.com/michellelanemusi ... ish-crunch

Here's the listing:
TAXI # S210506WR
A Bunch of SWAMP ROCK INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an extremely busy Music Library with a tremendously long list of killer placements in Hit TV Shows!

This Library is on the hunt for a bunch of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

Swamp People (from 0:10 to 0:30)

"Moonshine & Gasoline" by Blues Saraceno

Duck Dynasty (from 13:49 to 14:14)

Although one of the references has vocals, please submit Instrumental Cues only for this pitch.

Please submit top-notch Swamp Rock Instrumental Cues with twangy guitar riffs, great rhythms, and a healthy dose of Southern charm. Craft your Cues around a singular motif and mood, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Please be sure that your production and any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and not dated. The more your pieces sound like they're being performed by real musicians playing real instruments, the better!

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take.

philipmojbro
Active
Active

Re: Swamp Rock Instrumental

Post by philipmojbro » Tue May 04, 2021 2:09 am

I'm not the right person to judge swamp rock (being all electronic and stuff), but ... the link didn't work for me!

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DBarnett » Tue May 04, 2021 6:34 am

Hi Michelle,
The link does not take one to the a song but it does got to your SC page (not to a song tho)
Is this your "Rough and Tumble" instro?
If so, like I had mentioned on your other thread it repeats the progression twice, I would suggest breaking it down to simplified and building it back up
The accent parts are a bit loud in my opinion, tho the overall sound is great!
I hope this helps!

MichelleLane
Active
Active

Post by MichelleLane » Tue May 04, 2021 8:33 am

philipmojbro wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:09 am
I'm not the right person to judge swamp rock (being all electronic and stuff), but ... the link didn't work for me!
Darn! Could you please try the link again? I think I fixed it, but I'm not sure. The track title is "Crawfish Crunch."

MichelleLane
Active
Active

Post by MichelleLane » Tue May 04, 2021 8:36 am

DBarnett wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:34 am
Hi Michelle,
The link does not take one to the a song but it does got to your SC page (not to a song tho)
Is this your "Rough and Tumble" instro?
If so, like I had mentioned on your other thread it repeats the progression twice, I would suggest breaking it down to simplified and building it back up
The accent parts are a bit loud in my opinion, tho the overall sound is great!
I hope this helps!
Hi Dave, this is for a new track called "Crawfish Crunch." Bummer on the link. Would you kindly try the link again? Maybe it didn't work because I uploaded it as a private track. I changed it to public, so I hope it works now. Thanks!

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DBarnett » Tue May 04, 2021 8:44 am

MichelleLane wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:33 am
philipmojbro wrote:
Darn! Could you please try the link again? I think I fixed it, but I'm not sure. The track title is "Crawfish Crunch."
Wow! Great sounds! I think it's good to go Good job

MichelleLane
Active
Active

Post by MichelleLane » Tue May 04, 2021 8:48 am

DBarnett wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:44 am
MichelleLane wrote:
philipmojbro wrote:
Thanks so much, Dave! I appreciate your feedback. Thanks for checking in again - looks like the link worked this time. I have some more fine-tuning to do on the mix first, but I'm excited for this to be my first real submission!

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DBarnett » Tue May 04, 2021 9:00 am

MichelleLane wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:48 am
DBarnett wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:44 am
MichelleLane wrote:

Thanks so much, Dave! I appreciate your feedback. Thanks for checking in again - looks like the link worked this time. I have some more fine-tuning to do on the mix first, but I'm excited for this to be my first real submission!
You're welcome, yes the link works now
Usually a few others will comment on a post with their perspectives
I usually wait to hear from some of the "pros" on here before I finalize
You've got the chops for sure!!
Cheers!!

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Zaychi » Tue May 04, 2021 9:50 am

Wow, that's a real killer track! Very well done... not sure if it is "swampy" enough in the screener's ears, but I'm pretty sure it will find a home on some more straight-rock listing then!

If I'd have any comment at all, it would be about the lead guitar entering at around 0:15... it seems a bit hesitant or thin... but I'd say overall, good enough!

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by eeoo » Tue May 04, 2021 10:17 am

Sounds great! Not sure if it's swampy enough for this listing but it'll def find a home in a southern rock catalog. If you wanted make it a total home run you'd add an edit point or two.