2 Year Update - Pandemic Version

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

roguenoisemachine
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: 2 Year Update - Pandemic Version

Post by roguenoisemachine » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:01 am

I can sincerely say that, as one of the most kind and helpful people I've met through Taxi, you deserve all the success you've been getting and you will only continue to move to the top.

Congrats on a good year DESPITE the pandemic :)

Ted
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Ted » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:29 am

Good to hear the progress report Andrew. I was wondering how you were doing-- sounds like you're on a great path. Keep it up!

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Amazing achievemnt! Obviously the 5 year plan doesn't apply to everyone. :lol:

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:25 am

Great to hear success stories like this!

===
Michael

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:15 pm

mwb2 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:48 pm
Great post, Andrew, and thank you for sharing! It's very encouraging to read for me and I imagine many others.

One question for you - how does your income breakdown (roughly) between instrumentals and songs? I see mostly instrumentals on your soundcloud but I know sometimes people don't put songs signed to libraries up there.

Congrats and onward and upward!
Mike
Hey Mike!

I actually don’t post about 80-90% of the music I made on SoundCloud.. sometimes because I’m asked not to, other times because there is simply no need. Mainly I just use it as a quick way to share a specific song or genre with a current or new contact.

Having said that, the vast majority of my income has been from instrumental stuff. It’s been the bulk of my work so far, simply because I can crank them out faster than vocal stuff where it’s more back and forth. I think both options are equally viable really. It’s just a matter of finding what works best for you imo.

Best of luck!
Andrew

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:29 pm

" I actually don’t post about 80-90% of the music I made on SoundCloud.. sometimes because I’m asked not to, "

Same here, I post some composition that I am not to attached to and are okay and not mastered to the fullest potential .I have found out that "the free version of SC" (although checking the box that does not allow for anyone to download) it's not true, I don't know how to or do it myself and will never do but I know lots of people who can do it in 30 seconds. Now I can't speak for the PRO version since I have not submitted for this, until I am guaranteed that it is safe I will not post compositions that I am really attached to.

I have had bad experiences in the past with track getting ripped off and used without permission.

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TerrellBurt » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:29 pm

Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing your journey. Keep it up!

OwenGrech
Impressive
Impressive

Post by OwenGrech » Tue May 04, 2021 11:34 pm

ResonantTone wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:53 am
Hey Taxi fam,

Been a while since I've been on the forums, but I wanted to give everyone an update on my journey in sync licensing. If you are lookin for a longer read, here is my one year update... I posted this around February 2020 I believe:

1-year-down-what-a-ride-t144296.html

I'll keep this one much shorter! This is my 2 year update:

By and large, the pandemic has been rough! So much is in a constant state of change with my every day schedule, finding a way to juggle work and family stuff (4 kids under the age of 12 is no joke, lol), and of course, creating music. In spite of all that and all the craziness that I'm sure everyone has felt over this last year, I'm so happy to report that in this last year alone, I've been able to bring in roughly $8k from sync licensing! It's been a mixture of royalites, consideration fees, and sync fees from a bunch of really great contacts that I've been able to stay connected with.... all of which who originated on some level with Taxi. This income has been a huge help amidst all the unpredictability Covid has brought.

I'm no where near as productive as I had hoped I'd be this last year, but I'm pushing forward and finding opportunities to keep making new music as much as I can. (basically any time my kids are sleeping, lol!)

For anyone doubting if sync licensing is still viable... it absolutely is. I know there's lots of talk of flooded markets and what not, but at the end of the day, someone has to be at the top of that flooded market... and that's who is gonna get placements. I'm definitely not there yet, but I'm working hard at improving my craft on every single level, and I'd encourage you to do the same! Production, writing, all of it... Yes, crank out tracks, but up your game in every single one of them. Develop a passion for improving, and keep your head up even when things don't go as planned. If I can do this, so can you!

Huge thank you's all around to Taxi, all the staff, and to Michael for creating opportunities for someone like me.... just a dad tryin to get his music out in the world, and amazingly getting paid for it as well. You guys are the best.
I just saw this post today and also read your first year update. What an inspiration man!! You really encouraged me so I just want to say thanks and best of luck for the years to follow :)

TimHarrison
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by TimHarrison » Mon May 17, 2021 9:53 am

ResonantTone wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:53 am
Hey Taxi fam,

Been a while since I've been on the forums, but I wanted to give everyone an update on my journey in sync licensing. If you are lookin for a longer read, here is my one year update... I posted this around February 2020 I believe:

1-year-down-what-a-ride-t144296.html

I'll keep this one much shorter! This is my 2 year update:

Thank you for this, it's very motivating. Wise words