could you please grade my granddaughters singing

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

User avatar
feaker66
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 3455
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:58 am
Gender: Male
Location: Channing Michigan
Contact:

Re: could you please grade my granddaughters singing

Post by feaker66 » Thu May 06, 2021 8:15 am

OwenGrech wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:42 am
Nice voice! Definitely has potential!
Hey thanks owen. I wish she inherited my confidence factor....ain't no mountain high enough
Thankfully, while growing old is compulsory, growing up remains optional!

https://soundcloud.com/feaker66

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=883613

User avatar
feaker66
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 3455
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:58 am
Gender: Male
Location: Channing Michigan
Contact:

Re: could you please grade my granddaughters singing

Post by feaker66 » Thu May 06, 2021 8:17 am

johnnyrowing wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:29 am
Your obvious love and admiration for your grandkids probably fuels them in ways you'll never know.

They have someone that enjoys their singing and music making and tells them so. Everything after that is icing on the cake.
i always tell the grands that next year you will be too old to flop with old grams on the lazy boy, but even tho it is a squash, they still do :)
Thankfully, while growing old is compulsory, growing up remains optional!

https://soundcloud.com/feaker66

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=883613

OwenGrech
Getting Busy
Getting Busy
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:58 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: could you please grade my granddaughters singing

Post by OwenGrech » Thu May 06, 2021 8:50 am

feaker66 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:15 am
OwenGrech wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:42 am
Nice voice! Definitely has potential!
Hey thanks owen. I wish she inherited my confidence factor....ain't no mountain high enough
You are welcome
She has no reason not to be confident :)
Best of luck!
Slowly but surely ;)

superblonde
Getting Busy
Getting Busy
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:36 pm
Contact:

Re: could you please grade my granddaughters singing

Post by superblonde » Thu May 06, 2021 11:45 am

feaker66 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:52 am
I have one recording of the two singing that is awesome. They didn't know it at the time but they sang harmony through the entire song???
Reminds me of the origin story of The Bangles, where the girls met up for the first time in Hoff's bedroom (garage) and sang together only realizing later that they spontaneously sang in perfect harmony, and that is when they knew they were perfect matches for each other, even when they had personal conflicts. Check out Hoff's autobiography, it is a good read and she is smart, graduated with a UC degree. One of the best bands of the prior era where musicians could 'get lucky & work hard & make it'. (Which is not true, anymore)

The strings on the guitar dont need replacing, the guitar just has to be played with moderately good technique.
. . . www.superblonde.org "All Kale Seitan! ♭II ‼" -Moshpit Chant of the Vegan Metalhead

User avatar
feaker66
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 3455
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:58 am
Gender: Male
Location: Channing Michigan
Contact:

Re: could you please grade my granddaughters singing

Post by feaker66 » Thu May 06, 2021 12:37 pm

superblonde wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:45 am
feaker66 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:52 am
I have one recording of the two singing that is awesome. They didn't know it at the time but they sang harmony through the entire song???
Reminds me of the origin story of The Bangles, where the girls met up for the first time in Hoff's bedroom (garage) and sang together only realizing later that they spontaneously sang in perfect harmony, and that is when they knew they were perfect matches for each other, even when they had personal conflicts. Check out Hoff's autobiography, it is a good read and she is smart, graduated with a UC degree. One of the best bands of the prior era where musicians could 'get lucky & work hard & make it'. (Which is not true, anymore)

The strings on the guitar dont need replacing, the guitar just has to be played with moderately good technique.
I have to look that up/Bangles. I had asked the girls if they had planned to do the harmony thing and they looked at me like I was crazy and didn't even realize it.
Yes her playing technique is new to me also. She has always been a strummer. I asked her about that in fact and she said "everybody is doing that now gramps" ha ha She did make a mess of it tho. I just played a couple of acoustic tracks alongside of hers and just studied the waveform. I took a bunch of 2-400 out and her voice is much more clear now. i might post it?? I have noticed myself, in my own recording, that playing and singing at the same time usually gives you great timing...click track or not. Nice chatting with you SB
Thankfully, while growing old is compulsory, growing up remains optional!

https://soundcloud.com/feaker66

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=883613

User avatar
swdaze
Active
Active
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:38 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Rhody
Contact:

Re: could you please grade my granddaughters singing

Post by swdaze » Thu May 06, 2021 11:09 pm

Sir it would be my utmost pleasure!!!

How are you? Long time Amigo. I'm back taking one more swing. Going to post an upcoming sub after this come find me I always treasured your opinion.

I like her voice, she does some good things the "Honey what am I..." sections is nice. Bring her up in the mix a little quiet the first 1.20 especially.

Good stuff!!

Geo
A square peg can be an elegant solution to a round hole

User avatar
feaker66
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 3455
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:58 am
Gender: Male
Location: Channing Michigan
Contact:

Re: could you please grade my granddaughters singing

Post by feaker66 » Fri May 07, 2021 7:02 am

swdaze wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:09 pm
Sir it would be my utmost pleasure!!!

How are you? Long time Amigo. I'm back taking one more swing. Going to post an upcoming sub after this come find me I always treasured your opinion.

I like her voice, she does some good things the "Honey what am I..." sections is nice. Bring her up in the mix a little quiet the first 1.20 especially.

Good stuff!!

Geo
I didn't recognize your new name. Also the screen configuration only shows your message and nothing on the extreme left. Maybe that is just me? As far as Grace singing, it was a one take session on the phone. I am sure she didn't want it out there for review. I just wanted feedback to see what folks thought of her talent?
Thankfully, while growing old is compulsory, growing up remains optional!

https://soundcloud.com/feaker66

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=883613

User avatar
swdaze
Active
Active
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:38 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Rhody
Contact:

Re: could you please grade my granddaughters singing

Post by swdaze » Fri May 07, 2021 7:17 am

Yeah this is the username they had so I went with it. I'm happy to see you still around. I've spent the time trying to get better at mixing and cataloging my stuff. Added a sax player to my visual band so look forward to that.

As I said I like her voice just a little quiet in the mix, hard to hear.

Geo
A square peg can be an elegant solution to a round hole

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 21 guests