2 Forwarded Gothic Americana Tracks - Library Contact

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

2 Forwarded Gothic Americana Tracks - Library Contact

Post by johnnyrowing » Thu May 27, 2021 10:03 am

Hello everyone,
I am excited to report that the 2 recently forwarded Gothic Americana tracks resulted in a library contact! In fact, the library contacted me about 12 hours before I even knew I had the 2 forwards.

Occasionally, we'll hear stories like - first submission = first library contact = first signed track stories (or something closely akin). Those kinds of stories are awesome. I'm glad that happens for some folks.

That has NOT been my story. :) I have been with Taxi since December of 2017). I do get the occasional forward either through my submissions or collaborations . . . but . . . had not yet received an actual library contact for my own work. I wish I could say that I NEVER had any moments of doubt. I can't. I doubted. I wasn't sure if I'd ever write something good enough to get over that hump. I have some great friends and a supportive family. So, they encouraged me through some of that self-doubt. And Taxi has fueled me through some of the tougher times. For example, Angela - the former head screener at Taxi sent me an encouraging email after I contacted her regarding disappointment in a return.

I am sharing because I am resolved to enjoy the small signs of success along the path. But, also, because I don't believe there is anything particularly unique about me. When we get down, we need some encouragement. If your story is NOT a "quick story", that's okay. We own the effort, not the results.

Thanks to Taxi and to some of the great folks in this forum for the help along the way. I hope some of you are encouraged to keep grinding.

I can't wait to see those 2 tracks and my photo posted in the library's database soon.

Johnny Rowing

Oh yeah - I put the 2 tracks to private on my Taxi page because I didn't want to create any issues.
However, here is one of the Gothic Americana tracks that they did not take but I still kinda like. https://www.taxi.com/members/Ef77nz5GSm ... in-my-soul

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Re: 2 Forwarded Gothic Americana Tracks - Library Contact

Post by DBarnett » Fri May 28, 2021 11:01 am

Congrats Johnny!!
There's no doubt you have what it takes brother
Your perseverance has and will pay off
I know that you know about faith, keep the faith and keep writing, recording and submitting
I'm so glad to hear the good news for you

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Fri May 28, 2021 1:34 pm

Congrats, Johnny.
For just a brief moment at a RR, we were introduced by your buddy (and Mentor?) MVB...
and, just that connection suggested you were on a good road - for you.
Even from The Peanut Gallery, an old lurker can appreciate and applaud the success of another.
To more... "Cheers!"
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Fri May 28, 2021 2:32 pm

Yo Johnny! Man, I haven't been on these forums in ages... I just logged in today and what's the FIRST thing I see?!?! This amazing news!! I tell ya what, I'm beyond thrilled for you. You've been so dedicated to the craft and have worked your @$$ off for years now, that it's about time somebody recognized your songwriting by sending over a contract.

Congrats man. Super stoked!

~~Matt

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Sat May 29, 2021 12:53 pm

DBarnett wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:01 am
Congrats Johnny!!
There's no doubt you have what it takes brother
Your perseverance has and will pay off
I know that you know about faith, keep the faith and keep writing, recording and submitting
I'm so glad to hear the good news for you
Thank you Dave. I appreciate the co-celebration, words of wisdom, and encouragement. One of my favorite things about the forum is being able to share with folks that know what this experience is all about.

:)

Johnny

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Sat May 29, 2021 12:54 pm

funsongs wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 1:34 pm
Congrats, Johnny.
For just a brief moment at a RR, we were introduced by your buddy (and Mentor?) MVB...
and, just that connection suggested you were on a good road - for you.
Even from The Peanut Gallery, an old lurker can appreciate and applaud the success of another.
To more... "Cheers!"
I appreciate you, man. I totally remember meeting you. I had been looking forward to being able to put a face to the name. You were actually the first person to say hello to me here on these forums as well - which I appreciate.

Thanks for sharing the journey with me.

All my best,
Johnny

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Sat May 29, 2021 1:01 pm

VanderBoegh wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:32 pm
Yo Johnny! Man, I haven't been on these forums in ages... I just logged in today and what's the FIRST thing I see?!?! This amazing news!! I tell ya what, I'm beyond thrilled for you. You've been so dedicated to the craft and have worked your @$$ off for years now, that it's about time somebody recognized your songwriting by sending over a contract.

Congrats man. Super stoked!

~~Matt
Hey Matt,
Thanks for the kind words. I, and I'm sure others, have been missing you on the forums. I know you are busy for good reasons. It has been a long haul. So, it is nice to see some signs of incremental growth. :) You've been one of those "great friends" I referred to in my first post. :)

On a related note, at first it was 2 songs that the library was interested in, they withdrew interest in 1 of them. Oops! They also asked for some very reasonable mix revisions to the other track. So, although I have signed some of the preparatory paperwork with them . . . the official "signing" of the other track is still pending. Ha! I hope I didn't post too soon. Just uploaded the revisions today. So, I hope they prove sufficient to meet this library's standards. Judging by what I see on their site, it is definitely high bar. :)

Here's to hope,
Johnny