My First Contract Through Taxi

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Acebass

My First Contract Through Taxi

Post by Acebass » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:27 pm

So I have been with Taxi for a year now and my renewal is next month in July. I was thinking about not renewing because I was not seeing any thing happen after my forwards that I was getting. I've gotten about 30 forwards as of the first year of me being with Taxi, and I was getting a little worried that maybe I should not renew because I was not hearing anything from any of the companies that my music was forwarded too. I must also mention that I have gotten forwarded within multiple genre listings. Gospel, Trailer Style, Rock, EDM, R&B, Trap, Sad Piano, Retro, Uplifting.... etc. That's a wide range of styles I know, but I wanted to see which styles of music would work for me. So within those 30+ forwards a company reached out to me for my R&B music. That's a great feeling because I was really thinking about pulling the plug on Taxi. So I'm going to renew but maybe just focus more on the R&B Urban style listings. Who knows right?? I'm still testing it out to see where I should put most of my energy within regards to the listings. I'm very grateful for at least 1 deal my first year with Taxi.

superkons
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: My First Contract Through Taxi

Post by superkons » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:20 am

Congratulations! And yes, as you yourself experienced, it does take time to get a deal, I too got my 1st one after 1 year of membership, but a less number of forwards. After all, it is different for everybody, some get deals on their first submission, some wait years and years.
Anyway, congratulations again!

melodea
Active
Active

Post by melodea » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:55 am

Congrats! Good things come to those who wait!!! Keep on pushing.

OwenGrech
Impressive
Impressive

Post by OwenGrech » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:56 pm

Congrats! It is really different for everybody so don't you ever give up! I got my first deal after a month on my second forward BUT I did not get any forwards in my second month yet (working on that!)
You got 30 forwards in a year which I think is quite a good number and that means that maybe next year 10 out of those 30 forwards turn into deals which then gets the ball rolling.
Most of the successful stories I hear turn out that way it seems so again don't give up and keep pushing! congrats :)
Slowly but surely ;)

TimHarrison
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by TimHarrison » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:25 pm

Congratulations on your first deal. 30 forwards in your first year is amazing! I've been with Taxi for a number of years with 1 forward in my first year and then a couple of forwards here and there and gradually increasing in the last year or so. I nearly (I thought) got a deal a couple of months ago but it never came to fruition.
Here's hoping that your renewed membership brings more deals!

Tim

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:09 am

Congrats on hooking up with a Library. 30 Forwards per year is a decent amount , I would think if you kept that up you'd probably be hearing off a 2nd Library before too long