Do I need Disco.ac

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Do I need Disco.ac

Post by pveniot » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:58 am

Picardster wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:07 pm
I've also been using Disco for more than a year and just upgraded to Discovery suite. That is basically your own library. They seem to have music supervisors also in their network. At least it increases the chances to get in touch with the market.

You can add tags to each song and when you download the song the tags are included. So each song I post on Taxi was previously tagged on Disco. Just saying....

The tool itself is a very good one imho. I have about 1K tracks in there plus a few movies. And I will have it grow with the rest of my catalogue.

So for me it is very good. But if one NEEDS it, surely depends on what the targets are.

Hope that helps a bit.

Without the intention of any self-promo, here is a link to my first attempt to publish my catalog. Just for your info.
Hi Stefan, very impressive platform you have, you gave me a lot to think about...
Many thanks
Pierre
:D Music is the Esperanto of the world. (Duke Ellington)

TonySollazzo
Active
Active

Post by TonySollazzo » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:42 am

Picardster wrote:
...here is a link ...
Hi - thanks for sharing your library, you have a fairly large collection of music with a range of types that seems to be very licenceable. That is pretty much what I would hope to achieve in a few years, myself, so I'm curious if in the past year with disco.ac you have had any unsolicited offers from music supervisors approaching you? Cheers, Tony.

Picardster
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Picardster » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:22 am

TonySollazzo wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:42 am
Picardster wrote:
...here is a link ...
Hi - thanks for sharing your library, you have a fairly large collection of music with a range of types that seems to be very licenceable. That is pretty much what I would hope to achieve in a few years, myself, so I'm curious if in the past year with disco.ac you have had any unsolicited offers from music supervisors approaching you? Cheers, Tony.
Hi Tony,
there was one request for a cover, but, frankly, I'm quite reluctant when it comes to just placing songs in a library - just for the chance to get a deal.
Still I feel, DISCO is a good tool to use, since it allows me to organize most of my stuff and to easily provide share- and-download links to interested parties. Plus all the relevant infos for the songs (tags, writers, ISRC) etc.
Cheerio/Stefan

jazzstan
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jazzstan » Thu May 26, 2022 12:51 pm

Stephan,
I'm a disco subscriber, and it seems to be regarded as a top-tier way to share music. Happy with that part of it.
When they were pitching their "Discovery Suite" late last year, I was seriously considering it. One part of my research was to ask DISCO for some "proof of life" ... i.e. some (any) statistics (redacted, of course) on number of music supervisors enrolled, tracks actually listened to by supes, top search criteria, etc. Crickets, I tell you, crickets! I also spoke with a very successful fellow with a large number (hundreds) of tracks on disco discovery for well over 6 months. He said he didn't see any kind of action on his tracks. I know it's a chicken vs egg situation, but it seems the demand side may not be there -- e.g. supervisors weren't signing up and/or using it as extensively as Disco.ac would like to see. Maybe it's a "build it and they will come" story, with the ramp up still off in the future.

What has been your experience with disco discovery over time? And are your optimistic about its future?

Burnzy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Burnzy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:09 am

I am in a library that accepts all submissions via DISCO. However, you don't need to DISCO to use their submission link.

You can kind of use it like Dropbox for storage if you wish.

It is definitely handy, and integrates well with their App. Pretty spendy for the full version, and there is a learning curve to get full usage.

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Paulie » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:06 pm

I recently signed up for DISCO and love the platform. It is far more flexible and useful than Soundcloud. I don't have any libraries that require it though, they all have their own delivery methods, and many have their own submission portals. I see DISCO as a solid replacement for Soundcloud at a better price with far more features.
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic