Hit Writer Working on Lyrics Looking for Music/Tracks Collaborators

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bobbyltaylor

Hit Writer Working on Lyrics Looking for Music/Tracks Collaborators

Post by bobbyltaylor » Sat May 22, 2021 9:28 am

Hello,

I've had hits by Montgomery Gentry "Hillbilly Shoes" and Ty Herndon "A Man Holdin' On To a Woman Lettin Go" and a lot of cuts. I went back to school when the business tanked and got a few degrees including an MFA in Creative Writing. I've taught songwriting on the college level. Even though I write lyrics and music, I feel my strength is in writing lyrics so I'm looking to partner with collaborators who feel their strength is in writing music and or tracks. Nashville is my home turf, but I feel a great song transcends genres.

Let me know if you'd like to take a shot at writing a song!

Bobby

superblonde
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Hit Writer Working on Lyrics Looking for Music/Tracks Collaborators

Post by superblonde » Sun May 30, 2021 10:33 am

Here's a question. Hillbilly is a highly derogatory term so it is strange that the industry adopted it as a genre label. Why has the term not been rejected by industry and the musicians themselves?
. . . www.superblonde.org "All Kale Seitan! ♭II ‼" -Moshpit Chant of the Vegan Metalhead

bobbyltaylor

Post by bobbyltaylor » Sun May 30, 2021 11:23 am

From Wiki: "Scholars argue that the term "hillbilly" originated from Scottish dialect. The term "hill-folk" referred to people who preferred isolation from the greater society, and "billy" meant "comrade" or "companion". It is suggested that "hill-folk" and "billie" were combined when the Cameronians fled to the hills of southern Scotland."

From my own experience: I hated brogan shoes growing up--the kind my dad bought for me. They represented the hillbilly culture. But I had not learned yet that the hillbilly culture was made somewhat more palatable by the scholars behind the "Foxfire" books that teach readers how to live off the land and be self-sufficient. I've done a lot of theater and often worn brogan (hillbilly) shoes because they fit the character I was playing. One day I realized that I was hating he very culture that was keeping me employed. My own personal evolution involved me coming to terms with that and accepting the label as being something one could take pride in--hence the seed of the idea for "Hillbilly Shoes."

Country music was originally thought of as an alternative music to the pop music of the times. And many of the stars were hillbillies. Hillbillies are what made the Grand Ol' Opry successful. So, it can be intended to be used as a very derogatory term, but there's more to it than ignorance and anger--there are indeed iconic figures (Dolly Parton) who have had a massive impact with their willingness to accept and take pride in the fact that they were born hillbillies. I can't speak for others, but I am grateful to those who paved the way for people like me to have a chance at making a mark in the music business.

That's a long answer to a short question. I hope I came close to giving you an answer.

Best,

bt

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Sun May 30, 2021 12:35 pm

To some... maybe in 'Mountain" or "Appalachian" styles (i.e. Dolly Parton) - "Hillbilly" might be considered as an endearing moniker for the folks and the music they bring from those regions;
and what they contribute, in a huge way, to Bluegrass, Country, Blues... among others.
'Guess it's all about 'perspective'.
Your mileage may vary.
(I hadn't read all of the long comment previously posted) :? 8-)
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

Producer

Post by Producer » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:58 pm

Yes Bobby, let's write..... I build tracks.......

planetech

Post by planetech » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:10 am

Hi there Bobby. I have been looking for someone to collaborate with on a country song. I have one that got forwarded a few times but nothing came of it. I also have a ton of feedback on it but I think I may be too emotionally involved to take it objectively. LOL. I was hoping to find a pro like yourself who might be willing to help me flesh it out and make the changes that are needed. Let me know if you would be interested in doing that. I will include a link below. I am also happy to work on new songs. I have a few in the early stages and Im open to help with anything you've got going.

https://www.taxi.com/members/d7MLhdTQTM ... -this-town

CarlParadise
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by CarlParadise » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:12 pm

Hi, I feel I'm stronger on the music side, occasionally have a good lyric

If you have a lyric that hasn't been grabbed yet, I'm happy to review and see if I have any ideas for music

I don't have any hits but produced a soundtrack with some of my songs in there
https://www.taxi.com/members/carlparadise

Logic Pro X
Nord Electro 6D 61 key
AKAI Mini keyboard
Yamaha keyboards
Fender PJ bass
Fender XII Alternate Reality 12 string electric
Many other guitars

Lordbart

Post by Lordbart » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:18 am

Hi there!
I am a producer.

Feel free to contact me in private!
I am an italian based producer and i am always in search for collaborations with Songwriters and Topliners able to record themselves.
Let's take a ride on this Taxi!

Feel Free to contact!
www.hopelandstudio.com

gregbickley

Post by gregbickley » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:40 am

This is a fairly old post so you may not see this response. I can write lyrics but music and melody is definitely my stronger suit. I've always wanted to try putting music and melody to someone else's lyric, and have on a few occasions, but it's always been just for fun with a very amateur lyric writer. I'd love to give it a shot and have lots of music you can check out. If you're interested just message me back.