Nashville demo studio recommendations

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

pgboynton
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 26, 2021 1:33 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Nashville demo studio recommendations

Post by pgboynton » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:21 am

Casey - Your input is very helpful for me. Can you speak to the path you took to meet and hire other TAXI members who you collaborated with? Is there a specific forum location that was useful to you for this?
Thanks - Peter

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 4588
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:19 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Nashville demo studio recommendations

Post by Kolstad » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:10 am

Posting music in peer to peer can absolutely lead to collaborations. That's the spot!
Connect on Twitter

User avatar
Casey H
King of the World
King of the World
Posts: 12589
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Nashville demo studio recommendations

Post by Casey H » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:23 am

pgboynton wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:21 am
Casey - Your input is very helpful for me. Can you speak to the path you took to meet and hire other TAXI members who you collaborated with? Is there a specific forum location that was useful to you for this?
Thanks - Peter
Quite a few locations here... Peer to Peer, Forwards, Success Stories, Collaboration Corner. Also Taxi has a blog with forwards. https://blog.taxi.com/forward
Not all of those folks are on the forum, however. There is also social media. Approach people politely, don't bug them to death, of course. (I think you know that). Peer to peer is good because you can post your idea or track as is and ask for collaborators.

Be active here. Give feedback to others on Peer To Peer. The more you participate, the more others are likely to respond to you.

:D Casey

User avatar
irthlingz
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue May 26, 2020 5:22 pm
Location: Orcas Island, WA
Contact:

Re: Nashville demo studio recommendations

Post by irthlingz » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:28 am

So when do you get the WFH paperwork? Before you pay them?

===
Michael

User avatar
Casey H
King of the World
King of the World
Posts: 12589
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Nashville demo studio recommendations

Post by Casey H » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:05 pm

irthlingz wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:28 am
So when do you get the WFH paperwork? Before you pay them?

===
Michael
Best to get it signed up front before any recording is done. You need to know they agree to the terms. With people I've worked with a long time and know and trust, I get it immediately after. But the safest thing is get it signed up front.

:D Casey

User avatar
irthlingz
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue May 26, 2020 5:22 pm
Location: Orcas Island, WA
Contact:

Re: Nashville demo studio recommendations

Post by irthlingz » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:11 pm

Casey H wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:05 pm
irthlingz wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:28 am
So when do you get the WFH paperwork? Before you pay them?

===
Michael
Best to get it signed up front before any recording is done. You need to know they agree to the terms. With people I've worked with a long time and know and trust, I get it immediately after. But the safest thing is get it signed up front.

:D Casey
Thanks, Casey!

AudiniAudio
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Nashville demo studio recommendations

Post by AudiniAudio » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:56 pm

Sounds like Casey has steered his boat clear of the seedy underbelly of the music industry more than a few times. And here I was going to record in Jack Sparrows "Tortuga." :lol:

User avatar
Casey H
King of the World
King of the World
Posts: 12589
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Nashville demo studio recommendations

Post by Casey H » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:27 pm

AudiniAudio wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:56 pm
Sounds like Casey has steered his boat clear of the seedy underbelly of the music industry more than a few times. And here I was going to record in Jack Sparrows "Tortuga." :lol:
Maybe I *AM* the seedy underbelly of the music industry!! :lol: :lol:

AudiniAudio
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Nashville demo studio recommendations

Post by AudiniAudio » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:59 am

Afraid. Very afraid.

pgboynton
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 26, 2021 1:33 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Nashville demo studio recommendations

Post by pgboynton » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:52 pm

[/quote]
Quite a few locations here... Peer to Peer, Forwards, Success Stories, Collaboration Corner. Also Taxi has a blog with forwards. https://blog.taxi.com/forward
Not all of those folks are on the forum, however. There is also social media. Approach people politely, don't bug them to death, of course. (I think you know that). Peer to peer is good because you can post your idea or track as is and ask for collaborators.

Be active here. Give feedback to others on Peer To Peer. The more you participate, the more others are likely to respond to you.

:D Casey
[/quote]

Thanks very much. i will navigate to those forums and check them out.
Best - Peter

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests