Anyone able to translate German to English? solved!

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 768
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nashville area
Contact:

Anyone able to translate German to English? solved!

Post by JohnnyP » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:22 am

Hi folks,

I noticed on Tunesat that I've had 3 hits already this morning for one of my instrumentals. It's on Vox in Germany and I was wondering if anyone here could give me the gist of what they're talking about? I'm assuming this usage is a TV promo or a local ad. Sorry for the bad audio, I have the free version of Tunesat and I'm not able to download the file directly. Thanks in advance! John

EDIT:
I needed room on my soundcloud so I had to remove the link.

Big thanks to @CTWF and Peter Rahill for helping me with the translation on this. Turns out the usage of my song was for a TV Promo for a show titled "First Dates". Interesting part is they're using the promo again today. Either for a rerun or it's a recurring promo. Guess time will tell.
Last edited by JohnnyP on Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 2933
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:46 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Anyone able to translate German to English?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:36 am

JohnnyP wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:22 am
I have the free version of Tunesat and I'm not able to download the file directly.
You can download the MP3 clip with a free account, click the play button and then the little gear icon and you should see the download clip option

@CTWF can probably tell you what is being said

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 768
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nashville area
Contact:

Re: Anyone able to translate German to English?

Post by JohnnyP » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:39 am

Thanks Mark. I'll give that a try! Best, John

User avatar
superkons
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 884
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:08 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Anyone able to translate German to English?

Post by superkons » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:26 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:36 am
JohnnyP wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:22 am
I have the free version of Tunesat and I'm not able to download the file directly.
You can download the MP3 clip with a free account, click the play button and then the little gear icon and you should see the download clip option
That is exactly how I do it.
And nice to see you on Vox, I got 2 hits there :)

User avatar
funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro
Posts: 6149
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:18 am
Gender: Male
Location: So Cal
Contact:

Re: Anyone able to translate German to English?

Post by funsongs » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:33 am

JohnnyP wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:22 am
Hi folks,

I noticed on Tunesat that I've had 3 hits already this morning for one of my instrumentals. It's on Vox in Germany and I was wondering if anyone here could give me the gist of what they're talking about? I'm assuming this usage is a TV promo or a local ad. Sorry for the bad audio, I have the free version of Tunesat and I'm not able to download the file directly. Thanks in advance! John

https://soundcloud.com/jp-pearson-1/cla ... fVqZW97LMf
I understand bits, but might be able to help via a friend; sent you a PM.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
You Tube channel: Peter Rahill https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPaX4l ... ZiUvSQbN7Q
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/


“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 768
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nashville area
Contact:

Re: Anyone able to translate German to English?

Post by JohnnyP » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:31 pm

funsongs wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:33 am
JohnnyP wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:22 am
Hi folks,

I noticed on Tunesat that I've had 3 hits already this morning for one of my instrumentals. It's on Vox in Germany and I was wondering if anyone here could give me the gist of what they're talking about? I'm assuming this usage is a TV promo or a local ad. Sorry for the bad audio, I have the free version of Tunesat and I'm not able to download the file directly. Thanks in advance! John

https://soundcloud.com/jp-pearson-1/cla ... fVqZW97LMf
I understand bits, but might be able to help via a friend; sent you a PM.
Thanks for the help Peter!

User avatar
CTWF
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 2556
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nowitzki's place of birth
Contact:

Re: Anyone able to translate German to English?

Post by CTWF » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:23 pm

JohnnyP wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:22 am
Hi folks,

I noticed on Tunesat that I've had 3 hits already this morning for one of my instrumentals. It's on Vox in Germany and I was wondering if anyone here could give me the gist of what they're talking about? I'm assuming this usage is a TV promo or a local ad. Sorry for the bad audio, I have the free version of Tunesat and I'm not able to download the file directly. Thanks in advance! John

https://soundcloud.com/jp-pearson-1/cla ... fVqZW97LMf
This is a TV promo for a show called "First Dates". It starts with the speaker saying "full throttle ahead for love", after which pretty random bits of conversation (she totally digs cars, he finds kissing OK) are mixed with comparisons to driving ("who will first reach the destination?"). It ends with "First Dates, today, 6 PM".

Vox is national TV, not local.

Web page of the show: https://www.vox.de/cms/sendungen/first- ... uer-2.html

Tom
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf --> 0|°_°|0 <--

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 768
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nashville area
Contact:

Re: Anyone able to translate German to English?

Post by JohnnyP » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:51 pm

CTWF wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:23 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:22 am
Hi folks,

I noticed on Tunesat that I've had 3 hits already this morning for one of my instrumentals. It's on Vox in Germany and I was wondering if anyone here could give me the gist of what they're talking about? I'm assuming this usage is a TV promo or a local ad. Sorry for the bad audio, I have the free version of Tunesat and I'm not able to download the file directly. Thanks in advance! John

https://soundcloud.com/jp-pearson-1/cla ... fVqZW97LMf
This is a TV promo for a show called "First Dates". It starts with the speaker saying "full throttle ahead for love", after which pretty random bits of conversation (she totally digs cars, he finds kissing OK) are mixed with comparisons to driving ("who will first reach the destination?"). It ends with "First Dates, today, 6 PM".

Vox is national TV, not local.

Web page of the show: https://www.vox.de/cms/sendungen/first- ... uer-2.html

Tom
Hey thanks Tom! Good to know the further details. They used it 5 times so maybe I'll be able to buy 2 cups of coffee with the proceeds lol! Thanks again for the help. Best, John

User avatar
Casey H
King of the World
King of the World
Posts: 12589
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Anyone able to translate German to English?

Post by Casey H » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:40 pm

I had one of mine translated once. One character said to the other, "Wow! This background cue really sucks! Wanna get lunch?" :lol: :lol: :D :P

User avatar
funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro
Posts: 6149
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:18 am
Gender: Male
Location: So Cal
Contact:

Re: Anyone able to translate German to English?

Post by funsongs » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:54 pm

Casey H wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:40 pm
I had one of mine translated once. One character said to the other, "Wow! This background cue really sucks! Wanna get lunch?" :lol: :lol: :D :P
Dieser Hintergrundhinweis ist schrecklich; möchte zu Mittag essen? :? 8-)
Last edited by funsongs on Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
You Tube channel: Peter Rahill https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPaX4l ... ZiUvSQbN7Q
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/


“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 21 guests