In This Together

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

stephen
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

In This Together

Post by stephen » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:05 am

Good morning everyone. It has been a long time since I posted. I trust everyone is doing well. I am sharing a new piece of music that I hope can bring some encouragement.

Have a great day everyone.

Bless

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: In This Together

Post by Zaychi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:14 pm

The glazing on my teeth has a bit of trouble with this. Then again, I dislike most supermarket prep food as well these days where sugar is the second or third ingredient, but I suppose it isn't there for nothing, so it may just be perfectly on target for others.

You might look into the flute in the early part, it sounds a bit midi to me, but not too much... but screeners have very sensitive ears to that as we all know by now.

stephen
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stephen » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:21 pm

There is no midi in this track. Thank you for the feedback. It is appreciated.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:32 am

I would probably chop half the intro off as it's almost 25s before the vocal comes in , you might not get that long with a music supe or editor.

I'd also get rid of the flute as it treads on the vocal and doesn't really seem to go with the song - it felt more like it was crammed in because there was a flute player in the room than because the song needed it.

Production is fine but somewhat dated sounding to my ears as are the lyrics, the saccharine over sentimentality reminds me of something from an animated Disney movie from the 90s or one of those old disaster relief fund raising montage videos..if that's the sort of thing you're going for then great but not sure if it works in todays market.

At 1:43 the song just seems like someone forgot to sing.

I'm less keen on the later part of the song where different vocalists come in and out , some of them are doubling each each other and very loose, some sound a bit off key , some sound like the song is in the wrong range for their voice..Bit of a mess really. Sounds like everyone wanted a turn to sing lead vocal and it's to the detriment of the song, it would be stronger with the main vocalist all the way through.

Mark

Peterg
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Peterg » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:25 am

Its great musicianship, but it has to be for this type of song as its such a classic style. Its probably a bit dated, but I don't know what its for.
The vocal sound doesn't work for me. It sounds like the singers are too close to the mic or something, you hear some hard consonants and esses. It sounds very close like its recorded in a booth, and I think it needs a bit of air around it.
Some of the backing vocal ideas are good, maybe they could come up a bit and be left to feature for whole phrases, and let the end ad libs work around the BVs.

Good luck

Peter

stephen
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stephen » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:11 am

Loving the feedback. We did aim for that dated 80's sound so I am glad we accomplished that. Appreciating all the other tid bits of advice and perspective.
Thanks much.