My Song "Rainbow In her eyes" how does it sound

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

moorishblue26

My Song "Rainbow In her eyes" how does it sound

Post by moorishblue26 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:24 pm

Ok guys I am a new taxi passenger, eager to meet all of u people. Just wanted to share my new release here. Do share your feedback. [https://www.taxi.com/my/artist/songs/jL ... n-her-eyes]

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: My Song "Rainbow In her eyes" how does it sound

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:16 am

The link doesn't work, so perhaps post a Soundcloud link.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

moorishblue26

Post by moorishblue26 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:42 am

Please find the Soundcloud link, here otherwise its also available on Spotify.

https://soundcloud.com/user-430058464-5 ... UoyGCrNsdG

Link with Vocals.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=147790&e=1&view=unread#unread
Last edited by moorishblue26 on Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:47 am

I'm not sure what your intention was with this track. Its slightly confusing that you refer to it as a 'song' and mention the voice in the Soundcloud text, but there's no vocal. From that I can only assume that you were thinking about the track minus the vocal for sync use, and in that case here's my thoughts.

I sort of like the overall vibe, but In my opinion there are several things that make it less than an ideal choice for sync:
- its just 2 chords round and round all the way through with no breaks/edit points, so it doesn't offer a great deal for an editor to work with
- some of the components don't quite work together musically
- some elements occasionally poke out of the mix a bit much (e.g. the whistling)
- there's some looseness in the timing in places so the track loses its groove
- I can hear some distortion, as if the mix is too hot
- the fade ending is never recommended for sync usage
The bar is high for sync because libraries can obtain music from world class musicians and producers, and that makes it difficult for us mere mortals to compete. However, it is possible to compete with help or by developing the skills to do it yourself. This track as it stands will probably struggle to get past Taxi screeners or to get any traction with libraries. I could be wrong though, so see what opinions others offer.

On the other hand, if its a song for your own personal release and you're happy with it then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. :)
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:47 am

moorishblue26 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:24 pm
Do share your feedback. [https://www.taxi.com/my/artist/songs/jL ... n-her-eyes]
You''ll need to step up your game quite a bit if you want to get anywhere in the sync licensing world. Musically it's full of parts that don't belong in the same track, step on each and generally sound like they're just thrown together and the arrangement is all over the place.

Production wise it's all distorted but not in a good way, the mix pulls off the impressive feat of being both woolly and too harsh at the same time ( very much like my own feedback )

Also it's not a song but it says it is , yet it mentions vocals in the text underneath ? So that's confusing. Also make sure you haven't signed up for Distrokid to be your publisher otherwise any music you put out with them can't be used for Exclusive Taxi Opportunities.

Mark

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:42 pm

If you're looking for feedback on a song, it's best to post in the "Peer To Peer" section of the forum, not "Shameless Self-Promotion". :D

moorishblue26

Post by moorishblue26 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:10 pm

Graham,
I really appreaciate yiur detailed feedback, my bad, i had uploaded the wrong track. I am changing it, it a full song with Vocals.... :lol: dunno how I errored.... :roll:

moorishblue26

Post by moorishblue26 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:34 pm

Hey Buddy,

Have added the link with the Vocals. ......I am learning the ropes....and will keep improving, but thanks for the feedback.
Telefunkin wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:47 am
I'm not sure what your intention was with this track. Its slightly confusing that you refer to it as a 'song' and mention the voice in the Soundcloud text, but there's no vocal. From that I can only assume that you were thinking about the track minus the vocal for sync use, and in that case here's my thoughts.

I sort of like the overall vibe, but In my opinion there are several things that make it less than an ideal choice for sync:
- its just 2 chords round and round all the way through with no breaks/edit points, so it doesn't offer a great deal for an editor to work with
- some of the components don't quite work together musically
- some elements occasionally poke out of the mix a bit much (e.g. the whistling)
- there's some looseness in the timing in places so the track loses its groove
- I can hear some distortion, as if the mix is too hot
- the fade ending is never recommended for sync usage
The bar is high for sync because libraries can obtain music from world class musicians and producers, and that makes it difficult for us mere mortals to compete. However, it is possible to compete with help or by developing the skills to do it yourself. This track as it stands will probably struggle to get past Taxi screeners or to get any traction with libraries. I could be wrong though, so see what opinions others offer.

On the other hand, if its a song for your own personal release and you're happy with it then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. :)

moorishblue26

Post by moorishblue26 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:36 pm

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the feedback buddy, I really appreciate it, have uploaded the link with my songs vocals, I guess I was in a trance, when I chose the wrong file.... :D :roll: ....

https://soundcloud.com/user-430058464-5 ... ZHPY5mpaHW

I am a newbie, will keep improving as I go ahead.

Thanks

quote=cosmicdolphin post_id=590957 time=1624729620 user_id=100173]
moorishblue26 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:24 pm
Do share your feedback. [https://www.taxi.com/my/artist/songs/jL ... n-her-eyes]
You''ll need to step up your game quite a bit if you want to get anywhere in the sync licensing world. Musically it's full of parts that don't belong in the same track, step on each and generally sound like they're just thrown together and the arrangement is all over the place.

Production wise it's all distorted but not in a good way, the mix pulls off the impressive feat of being both woolly and too harsh at the same time ( very much like my own feedback )

Also it's not a song but it says it is , yet it mentions vocals in the text underneath ? So that's confusing. Also make sure you haven't signed up for Distrokid to be your publisher otherwise any music you put out with them can't be used for Exclusive Taxi Opportunities.

Mark
[/quote]