Greetings!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jesseh
Active
Active

Greetings!

Post by jesseh » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:01 am

Hello,

My name is Jesse Hose (aka Jesse Shoresh Hose in Taxi). I have been a lurker on Taxi for a couple of years and now it is time to participate. I am a retired software engineer now working on a degree in Music Composition for Film, TV and Games at Berklee Online. I am about half way through the degree program and feel that I have a reached a point in my knowledge that it is time to start practicing and applying. I have been playing music since I was 7, I wrote my first song at 8. My main instrument is guitar and I sing as well. My influences are classic rock, blues and jazz. I am an unabashed Dead Head.
I am here to learn and to contribute where I can. I guess you can say I am starting on the 5 year plan. After watching the Taxi TV episode with Keith LuBrant last week I realized that, even though I am studying music composition full time, I needed to stop using that as an excuse and start on my Taxi journey now, and make time in the evenings to do so. I think it is amusing that I study music all day and have to treat Taxi as my second job at night, or am I just lucky that my occupation and my 'second job' are both what I love (music)?
Anyway, I am glad to be here. I am looking forward to interacting with you and want to let you know that I am open to collaboration and sharing. I am going to post the one submission I have made to Taxi in the peer to peer forum to get started.

Respectuflly,
Jesse
- Jesse Hose
Music is the reason.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings!

Post by admin » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:23 am

Hi Jesse!

Welcome to the friendliest, most helpful forum anywhere. Great community, great advice, and your odds of success are greatly increased by using this forum, so YAY, you!
best,
Michael

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:29 am

jesseh wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:01 am
even though I am studying music composition full time, I needed to stop using that as an excuse and start on my Taxi journey now, and make time in the evenings to do so. I think it is amusing that I study music all day and have to treat Taxi as my second job at night, or am I just lucky that my occupation and my 'second job' are both what I love (music)?
Welcome Jesse

I think you will learn more real world stuff that by getting stuck into writing for Taxi Listings than on a degree course, you might even consider switching it around and write for Taxi by day then study by night as the 2nd job. Doing it will speed up your progress more than studying how to do it.

Wish you the best of luck in your endevours

Mark

SamGreene
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SamGreene » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:27 pm

Welcome and congrats on taking action!

What do you think of the Berklee course? I’ve been contemplating some version of there courses for a while.

jesseh
Active
Active

Post by jesseh » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:25 pm

SamGreene wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:27 pm
Welcome and congrats on taking action!

What do you think of the Berklee course? I’ve been contemplating some version of there courses for a while.
Sorry I was so slow to respond, I just saw this. I really like the Berklee courses. By doing the degree path I ended up taking a lot of courses that I wouldn't have otherwise that turned out to be very useful. Most of the instructors are instructors at Berklee in Boston, the others are people in the industry actually doing it. Also, I like the structured environment, it helps me stay focused.
- Jesse Hose
Music is the reason.