Feedback for submission to S210527RK

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

NMN
Active
Active

Re: Feedback for submission to S210527RK

Post by NMN » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:46 pm

Telefunkin wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:31 pm
NMN wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:45 pm
What types of listings do you think these songs would be the best fit for?
A: Listings for the TV/film content where you hear this type of music, and if that's everywhere then you're doing fine, but if its nowhere then it'll be tough. When and where did you last hear any similar music on TV? Its fine to have your own artistic niche, but that will most likely limit your sync opportunities, certainly for mainstream TV.

Its great to be artistic and creative, but a huge amount of sync music has certain demands and expectations, and colouring outside of the lines for the sake of your art can make it difficult for your music to work for sync possibilities. Nobody here makes the rules, we just try to work within them to get some measure of success. That doesn't preclude artistry withing the creation of tracks for sync though, there's just some standard expectations, and conformity helps because its easier than trying to take on the world to change things. I think that's what others have tried to say.

EDIT: Check at 55:26 in this Taxi video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eva06hgFZO0

As for the screener comments on your tracks, I didn't particularly notice vocal tuning issues, but the vocals are somewhat unclear. The rhythm is unusual in the first track and not always adhered to by the other phrase samples, and I suspect the repetition, length and large break would have been considered stylistically off target, although I don't know what genre the listing was asking for (as your link shows the page where all current listings reside). I also hear some mix issues. However, if that's the way you like it then that's fine. There are no rules if its for your own pleasure, so enjoy creating whatever you like for whoever you want :).
Thank you Telefunkin for the refreshingly normal and helpful feedback. I'm already starting to see the many ways that TAXI benefits musicians of all types to get a sense of where they are. I am definitely paying attention to other's success stories and forwards to see what sorts of music get placement. However, I am not writing music to try to recreate what's already out there. I think people's desire for unique music is underestimated.

I certainly welcome your feedback pertaining to what your ears are hearing. I have been working on my mixing and mastering skills and have asked for feedback in the Peer-To-Peer forum section here. Thanks again and much success to you.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:07 pm

NMN wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:20 pm
Unfortunately, I can't change the fact that you seem to be scared or threatened by the level of uniqueness and creativity of these songs.
Suit yourself. Either you'll work that out that they're not looking for your " unique and creative " music and change it or you'll continue to believe you know better and get nowhere. Not worth my time.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:52 pm

NMN wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:20 pm
If this is the sort of nonsense that I can expect here, then I am already disappointed.
No, it is NOT what you'll usually find here. This is the most helpful community I know. :D People are honest in their critiques and feedback but make their points without being insulting. So hang in there. That being said, to be successful commercially as with Taxi listings, you do have to be willing to make changes in accordance with feedback from screeners and peers.

Best,
:D Casey

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:43 am

CTWF wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:31 pm
He thinks he is always right, but of course he sometimes is not.
You will see. I have already seen.

GilOrms

Post by GilOrms » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:00 pm

NMN wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:45 pm
  • What types of listings do you think these songs would be the best fit for?
Thanks for any feedback and for viewing my post!
Spaghetti Westerns. . .?

https://youtu.be/efdswXXjnBA