Listing closed 5 weeks ago: still pending

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Listing closed 5 weeks ago: still pending

Post by irthlingz » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:20 pm

We submitted to S210529HF (HEARTFELT SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS with Lyrics about "The Light at the End of the Tunnel" -- https://www.taxi.com/listings/S210529HF), which closed on May 29, and it is still showing as pending on our account. Should/can we check into this? Has anyone else submitted to this listing and still not heard back? Thanks!

===
Michael and Sharon

admin
Site Admin

Re: Listing closed 5 weeks ago: still pending

Post by admin » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:58 am

The compilations sometimes take a little longer than other listings because of the number of submissions and being super careful to make sure we get songs on there that cause our industry clients to think, "I need to run listings with TAXI," and/or "I need to run more listings with TAXI." We met about it last week, and we were on the fence about a couple of songs. We reached out to a couple of trusted music library CEOs to get their feedback as well.

We hope to hear from them shortly. We just had a ling holiday weekend, so it might take a day or two to hear back from them. Please be patient, we're on it!

best,
Michael

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:00 pm

thanks for the update!

===
Sharon and Michael

ericlewis

Post by ericlewis » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:07 am

hgsf
Last edited by ericlewis on Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:37 am

ericlewis wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:07 am
i go out of my way to submit to listings that i think #374 wont be involved with. they've heard the song before and i'm sure its not up to par and it would be nice to not waste everyone's time, but maybe that's how Taxi makes it's money? idk anymore. super frustrating.
Not sure that's a winning strategy. Surely better to try and up your game so you have more chance of being forwarded regardless of the Screener ?

Did you listen to the Forwards ? How does yours compare ?

http://ht.ly/YgYI30073xb

ericlewis

Post by ericlewis » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:57 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:37 am
ericlewis wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:07 am
i go out of my way to submit to listings that i think #374 wont be involved with. they've heard the song before and i'm sure its not up to par and it would be nice to not waste everyone's time, but maybe that's how Taxi makes it's money? idk anymore. super frustrating.
Not sure that's a winning strategy. Surely better to try and up your game so you have more chance of being forwarded regardless of the Screener ?

Did you listen to the Forwards ? How does yours compare ?

http://ht.ly/YgYI30073xb

I can attest that it is definitely NOT a winning strategy. lol.
For some reason I cannot listen to the forwards, but i'm almost certain that they all deserve it, and mine, most likely, does not.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:29 am

ericlewis wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:57 am
i'm almost certain that they all deserve it, and mine, most likely, does not.
Well at least you're not in denial, which happens a lot around here. I'm not sure you can't access the Forwards Blog - it seems to work for me but they sound quite different to yours.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:39 am

You have no way have knowing who the screener will be for ANY given listing and as been said, it's best to work towards making songs that truly match the listing criteria as well as possible. Do it so well you don't care who the screener is. :D The listing did say contemporary, "Whichever approach you decide to take, your production and any and all virtual instruments or samples you use should be high-quality and modern". In general, in the absence of wording that says otherwise, it's always best to assume libraries, sups, etc. want contemporary sounding music. In many or most cases, the shows are geared to a young audience.

BTW, my own experience has been that 374 is one of the more liberal screeners as far as forwarding submissions that are border-line. And when songs get returned, his/her comments always seem on the mark to me.

There was a Taxi TV recently (I didn't see it but read about it) where a Taxi screener talked about the fact that the majority of returns are because members don't properly read the listing and submit what's being asked for. Not saying that's the case here but in most cases, doing A/B listens against the reference tracks will tell you most of what you need to know.

Best,
Casey