1970's-to-1980's-Style YACHT ROCK SONGS with Male Vocals

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

musicalcomposer

1970's-to-1980's-Style YACHT ROCK SONGS with Male Vocals

Post by musicalcomposer » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:37 pm

Hi fellow Taxi Members. I am a newbie here and really looking forward to working my catalog. In regards to this new listing I am posting a couple of my original songs recorded in the 1980s. The listing keeps emphasizing that the vocals have to be spot on and nothing pitchy. Given we did not have pitch controllers in the seventies , I am reaching out to my fellow members to get your feedback on these vocals. I really appreciate your input. The songs are called Play To Win (late 80's) and Last Goodbye (early 80's). For you trivia buffs out there that is the Earth Wind and Fire horn section playing on Last Goodbye. Really looking forward to all your comments.

Play to Win : https://youtu.be/CyB1gyoRxiw

The Last Good bye : https://youtu.be/xQasR_MvOmg

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 1970's-to-1980's-Style YACHT ROCK SONGS with Male Vocals

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:36 am

Well you can certainly sing without the aid of artificial tuning

However I do feel in some spots that something feels "off" ...it may just be the choice of harmony...in the Last Goodbye it sound like one of the instruments isn't in tune..maybe the Rhodes type part ?

I take it you don't have any way of accessing the multitracks for them now ? I guess there is an acceptance that things were more imperfect back then.

The other thing is I see form the Youtube notes you have other musicians playing on this, so you need to be wary of everything being cleared when singing it to a LIbrary.

Mark

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:14 am

Cosmic makes a very important point. Unless the other musicians on the track are co-writers/co-owners who will be listed on any library contract as such, you need signed work for hire agreements from them. Otherwise you can't pitch this for Film/TV. Good luck!

Casey

musicalcomposer

Post by musicalcomposer » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:47 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:36 am
Well you can certainly sing without the aid of artificial tuning

However I do feel in some spots that something feels "off" ...it may just be the choice of harmony...in the Last Goodbye it sound like one of the instruments isn't in tune..maybe the Rhodes type part ?

I take it you don't have any way of accessing the multitracks for them now ? I guess there is an acceptance that things were more imperfect back then.

The other thing is I see form the Youtube notes you have other musicians playing on this, so you need to be wary of everything being cleared when singing it to a LIbrary.

Mark
Thanks, Cosmic. Did not realize this.