Effective Tinnitus treatment and eyestrain.

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AudiniAudio
Impressive
Impressive

Effective Tinnitus treatment and eyestrain.

Post by AudiniAudio » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:06 pm

My case of tinnitus is perhaps mild but I've found something which actually helps if my anecdotal evidence is any sign. I've become hyper stimulated by sound especially after a long session producing which seems to be one way tinnitus acts with some people. I wonder, "Why is everyone yelling?" In my opinion (I'm not a doctor) and have not been diagnosed, the sound sensitive sells in the cochlea which have been damaged may not be entirely dead and can be somewhat revived.

I'm sure I got tinnitus listening to the likes of Jean Luc Ponty and Allan Holdsworth too loud in the car on a daily basis for years.

I saw where some people get tinnitus from jaw problems so started doing head rolls, jaw stretching, and shoulder scrunching but what I think really has helped a lot is doing shoulder stands combined with head stands. Head stands of course cause more blood to travel to the head. But shoulder stands specifically focus the blood to the glands under your ears in your neck. More blood also travels to your ears.

There are some warnings that go along with doing yoga like this though. You should only hold a head or shoulder stands for 30 seconds in the beginning, and you're only allowed to do them 2c a day max. You can work up to holding them for 1 minute then that's it. Don't try to push for longer or more frequently.

This combined with relaxation and getting enough sleep seems to work wonders for me. Your relaxation method could be a massage chair, hot bath, meditation or some such.

For eye strain I have this Tibetan eye chart which is just a kind of mandala you place on your nose though you don't even need the chart. All you have to do it look up, look down, look left, look right, look diagonally on both axis', then look clockwise and counter clockwise. Then, look at the tip of your nose then look far away. Finally, cover your eyes with your palms to let your eyes rest for a moment. Slowly, take your hands away as you slowly open your eyes then you're ready for another marathon production session. A slow strobe is also supposed to be good for your eyes like when driving on a bridge. The shadows of the street lamps and bridge girders fall across your eyes in a comforting rhythm. Babies often can't fall asleep unless you take them for a ride. Some people say this is the reason: the rhythmic shadows. If they make babies fall asleep, maybe they're actually good for you.

In my experience these exercises keep my eyes relatively healthy. My reading glasses have stabilized at a 4. Trying to keep it that way.

Producer Yoga= Eye exercises and shoulder stands. Seems to be a thing.

AudiniAudio
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Effective Tinnitus treatment and eyestrain.

Post by AudiniAudio » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:23 am

Wanted to mention that headstands and shoulder stands are probably contraindicated for people who have a family or personal history of brain embolism or stroke and they can have a side effect of headaches if done inconsistently and/or incorrectly.

lgstarr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lgstarr » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:40 pm

AudiniAudio wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:23 am
Wanted to mention that headstands and shoulder stands are probably contraindicated for people who have a family or personal history of brain embolism or stroke and they can have a side effect of headaches if done inconsistently and/or incorrectly.
And I think inversions are bad for certain eye problems like glaucoma!

--Linda

AudiniAudio
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AudiniAudio » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:36 pm

Right.