Juggernaut Cubase Project

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AudiniAudio
Impressive
Impressive

Juggernaut Cubase Project

Post by AudiniAudio » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:49 am

I got this crazy idea to put 25 Boom Bap and reggae patterns with my favorite bass drum, snare, and high hat samples along with 50 of the most common chord progressions, juxtaposed side by side with favorite atmospherics and so-called melodics samples, PLUS random vocals laid on top all in one Cubase project. Some of the Boom Bap patterns I didn't like and threw out. Some of the chord progressions also didn't appeal to me at this time so I ended up with "only" 25 potential sections for pieces. That's how I came up with the idea for the ambient piece, Deep Jungle. I just built up the drum pattern underneath the chord progression. Yes, that's a Boom Bap pattern. I randomly placed the bass drum samples even in a single drum pattern. And randomly put various snares, high hats, snaps and claps. (I have a plan to narrow down the bass drum, snare, and high hat to one sample each most of the time). I also randomly switched between my favorite drum samples and Addictive Drums 2 playing the patterns (programmed by hand). I also randomly switched between rhodes, piano, and synth strings between the "sections" for the sake of variety. As in Rhodes in one section, piano in the next etc... I alternated adding acoustic guitar, no guitar, and electric guitar too. The sections definitely suggest being combined together into intros, verses, and choruses but I try to resist that in an attempt to do as much as possible with as little as possible in order to end up with more music. The block chords can be alternated with rhythmic chord playing, arpeggiation, and using effects like Ovox which completely transform the resulting sounds, even the key. I repitched the vocals up and down as well as changed the formant and time stretched them. It was a lot of work but the juggernaut Cubase project is calling me to compose music with it. I felt the first one, Deep Jungle, was a success so I'm gonna keep on keepin' on. I'm sharing how I did it so maybe you could try it with your favorite patterns, sounds, and chord progressions from favorite songs (when not composing for particular listings) in order to make a lot of music very quickly.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Juggernaut Cubase Project

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:52 pm

Sounds like it would be terrible - where is the track to listen to ?

AudiniAudio
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AudiniAudio » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:41 pm

25 songs are not an "it." They are a "they." The first one was "Deep Jungle which most folks already heard I believe. The second one is "Dub Forest."

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:09 am

AudiniAudio wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:41 pm
25 songs are not an "it." They are a "they." The first one was "Deep Jungle which most folks already heard I believe. The second one is "Dub Forest."
I see.