Record label is looking for songs for a playlist

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Martijn

Record label is looking for songs for a playlist

Post by Martijn » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:19 am

Hello,
I’ve just joined Taxi and I am considering my first submission.
Record label is looking for songs for a playlist.
Now I have a song which might be appropiate. But this song is released
on my own record label (I own 100% master en publishing rights).
Now comes my question is it ok to submit already released songs or is the
Record label looking for unreleased songs for a record deal?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Martijn

jdkotaska
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Record label is looking for songs for a playlist

Post by jdkotaska » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:50 am

Hi, Martijn.

It really depends on the listing. If the last paragraph says they are looking for an Exclusive contract, then no, you generally won't be able to submit something that was previously signed or released. If it says Non-Exclusive, then you should be fine.

It is possible that, depending on the purpose for the request, you may be okay submitting for this. It's hard to tell, though, because I don't know what the listing that you're referring to says. In the future you may want to copy the contents of the listing and paste them into your post so people can see what you're asking about.

Hope this helps.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:56 am

Hi
I don't have the listing text but best to contact Taxi and ask the question. Good luck!

:D Casey

Martijn

Post by Martijn » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:00 am

Hello,

Thanks for the answers and advice I will contact Taxi directly because I don't want to submit on a gues I like to know for sure.

Regards,

Martijn

By the way here is the complete text of the listing;

AMBIENT EDM INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Record Label that's distributed by a HUGE Dutch Electronic Music Record Label.

This Label is currently on the hunt for tracks that might fit on a playlist with the following references:

"Sunday Rain" by Simon Templar

"All Equal" by AK & Faodail

"Ocean of Love" by Lemongrass

Please submit well-produced Ambient EDM Instrumentals with captivating textures, lush synths, and solid arrangements. Please be sure that the virtual instruments you use are high-quality and super fresh. Although Ambient music doesn't always have a ton of melodic movement, your submissions should be engaging from start to end.

Your production and recording quality needs to be clean, clear, well-balanced, and good enough to represent your Songs well. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture, and overall vibe.

TAXI Tip: We recommend that you submit at least THREE TRACKS per submission so they can see if you’ve got depth in your material.

The overall deal points for this will be negotiated directly with the Label on a song-by-song basis. You must own or control your Master and Composition to submit to this pitch. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Wednesday, July 28th, 2021. TAXI # S210728BM

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:40 pm

Let us know what you find out!
===
Michael